Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 3 Predictions - 9-13-15 (REALLY EXTENDED)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:03 am 
Working overnight tonight so thought I would get way more in depth. Hope everyone enjoys. And I don't expect anyone to read much more then their own games!

Mythbusters 2.0 vs The Outfield –
The Outfield had a tough week 1 facing BMS at full strength and realizing they were probably better suited for the B division. But in all fairness BMS is a top 3 A team, and they were on fire. The move down was probably good though and they’ll definitely do better in this division. The problem is they are now facing one of the top 5 teams in B and although I don’t expect them to get spanked, it’ll still be a tough one now that Mythbusters is playing better, and they’ll have all their players. Last week they didn’t due to scheduling conflicts. Mythbusters 2.0 28-18

The Taken King vs Show me your TD's –
Both of these teams had a rough start to the season but Show me your TD’s finally stole a win. Both teams are new to my understanding and both have promising upside. However I think The Taken King probably has a little better upside with mobility at the QB position. SMYTDs is having a little bit of a struggle with two QBs both with 5 interceptions only three games in. But both teams make me happy that they are coming out and learning the league and I’d expect them to be better as time goes. Right now though I think although Taken has yet to come away with a victory, they also played two top 5 B teams their first two games. I expect them to come away with a win and this should help lead them to future victories as they learn about themselves this game. Taken King 19-13

HoneyBadger vs Fit Republic –
What Fit Republic did was lose their core players it appears being white JT, Kevin, and Travis. And replace these guys with some of the best speed WRs fake flag football money can buy. They have a solid defense set up, but their offense is SOLELY going to be won with Corey. If Corey were to miss a game, I’d have a hard time picking them over a few teams in Comp. They definitely don’t have the trick factor they had last season and are much more one dimensional in comparison. However they still have probably the league’s best QB at passing, extending the play and running. HoneyBadger though basically needs to do two things, throw it deepish to Garrett or just drop it off to their linemen. I think they need to still to some basic plays to truly be good in this division, but they try to get too cute against these better teams and it may turn out to be trouble. Fit 28-6

BMS Mountain Goats vs Legion of Boom –
Legion of Boom impressed me last week with their QB play as Preston has a lot of heart and is probably one of the most competitive guys in the league, but also one of the best leaders. Very outspoken and will make sure to point out a flaw in their defense as soon as he sees it which helped. What I was surprised was that the coverage on their defense was subpar compared to the athletes they had though. I know D7 is one of the smarter teams and game plan very well, but there were times that Legion of Boom got beat athletically and that just shouldn’t happen against almost any team in A…. I expect them to play much better, and the game will come down to one player. And that’s BMS’s QB Joe. If he gives up even one turnover too early, it could be a snowball effect. Because LOB has probably the best WR core in A and they are going to be hard to stop with BMS not having much height to test LOB. I don’t think this is a very good match up for BMS athletically, but I do think they game plan better and if they limit turn overs or at least points off turn overs, I’d expect them to win. BMS 22-16

Savages vs Backyard Legends –
This will end up being a very close game in Comp. Savages is basically (or entirely) 6 county from prior seasons. They have had a great season in Comp before. But I think they skill of Comp is far past what it has been in prior seasons. Savages wins with big plays, being either big turn overs on D or a big play down the field. You won’t see them slowly march down the field very often. I think this could spell out a little bit of trouble for BYL, but I think they do have the players and smarts to be able to pull it out. I don’t actually remember who their QB is though so I feel I’m going to be doing this prediction a little disservice. I still think BYL will take the victory though. BYL 25-19

Thunder Bunnies vs Dirty 7 –
Thunder Bunnies basically played Corey and company the first two weeks and finally gets a shot at a familiar face. FUN FACTS – Thunder Bunnies as the core team to what I could find has played D7 three times during the regular season and TB has won all three. Games were scored 7-6, 13-6 and 13-7. Pretty intense stuff! Now Thunder Bunnies has been in the league many times and consist of previous players on, StarCity Racing (season 1), Redemption (season 2), Backyard Legends, Puppy Stompers, Toon Squad, Pokemasters, Flaggots, Backdoor Legends and a few more. Dirty 7 really hasn’t changed a whole lot over their seasons and has even won INT A 2 or 3 times, TB has a combined 0 championships won. D7 though is a great team and game planning wise the two teams match up very well, but haven’t played each other in a few seasons and both teams have went major restructuring. We played a couple times in the off season but neither team really had their full team, but in all fairness D7 probably won both. But with both teams at full strength (minus one TB player having to ref another game at that hour) I think athletically TB matches up very well with tall WRs who can definitely catch the ball. What scares me on D7 is when their QB has time to throw or extends the play and this could cause some issues down the field. I’m always happy to play D7 but with the new set up I don’t expect it to be as low scoring as it use to be. TB 33-18

Naked and Afraid vs Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers –
Although Naked and Afraid lost their first game, they were just a couple catches away from making it a game. They have the speed, and they have a good defensive line that alone will carry them to a couple wins. They have good QB play though they just had a lot of dropped balls, which sometimes just don’t go away if you have QB that throws a certain velocity of throw that the WRs can’t catch. Many teams have lost because they had a QB who felt they had to rocket the ball in there but their WRs just simply aren’t college/professional athletes. In the end though I think the Naked and Afraid is going to end the season as a top 3 comp team. Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers I think are already running into a pretty big issue. They have had three different QBs already. Two in their first game and three different ones in their second. It’s unfortunate for Mike because if there was a stat of dropped passes, he would be pretty near a perfect QB rating, but at the same token I don’t think he’s the best QB for the job. FKC needs to pick a QB to live and die by and go from there. If they want the big play ability the need Ahmad at qb to extend the play a little and then bomb it down the field. If they want to steadily drive down the field they need Mike at QB. But this two/three QB system clearly hasn’t worked yet and it’s probably time to already go in a different direction. N&A 22-10

Gate 25 vs Dirty 7 –
Gate 25 has started the season well beating a top 5 INT B team, then beating leather heads. Both teams though were down players and I think Gate 25 had the better end of the bargain with their subs. However I won’t take away they are still a good team, and I would expect them to end up with a respectable record in the end in a division that really isn’t too far spread talent wise. I think talent wise, these two teams match up very well minus I think the extendibility of D7’s QB. Gate 25 has a good rush but I don’t think they are quite up to the task of keeping up with the QB from D7 and I think that will be the difference. But one of two things could happen, D7 could end up winning both their games and come out the favorite to win the division playing all of the top teams but BMS, or Gate 25 could solidify that them being in the B division was a joke and they find themselves as a top A team. I wouldn’t be surprised this game going either direction, but with D7s big win over LOB, I think they have what it takes to beat most teams in A. D7 15-14

Donkey Punch Mafia vs Large Test Icicles –
Since I started to see Donkey Punch Mafia play mid-way through last season I definitely thought they were good enough to play in A, and here is how they prove me wrong or right. Large Test Icicles as probably on the lower tier right now in A which doesn’t really mean anything because all the teams are so close right now, no one is the clear favorite. Donkey Punch Mafia though has one of the best QBs I’ve seen in the league. Not to take away from his team, but if he had a couple more pure athletes they could easily be a comp team. This really will be a defining moment for both teams because I feel Donkey Punch Mafia has to win this decisively to prove they can play with the top teams in the league, and then Large Test Icicles has to win decisively to show they only lost because Corey is that kind of scary athlete at QB and it was just a fluke/mismatch that they can overcome. I don’t think it will end close in score, but I think either team could easily win this. I flipped a coin and picked DPM to win, but will not be surprised if LTI ends up winning it either. DPM 23-12

KGB vs Green Machine –
Green Machine had to forfeit week 2 and I was really interested to see what happen that game, because week 1 they played Always Balls Deep, who obviously shouldn’t have dropped down to B. What I will say though is KGB could very well be right on par with Always Balls Deep. I think KGB is a top 2 team right now in B with their week 1 performance, but it was against Pylon Sharks who although is a decent team and will get better, week one they played pretty poorly. I didn’t get to watch much of the game between KGB and PS, but if their Captain is their QB, then I expect them to win a lot of games. The only downfall, from last season, that I have is that he sometimes isn’t willing to make mistakes so much that he won’t at least give his WR the chance to catch a jump ball. Sometimes to win you’ve got to throw the ball to a receiver 1on1 with the defense and just let them go make a play. In the end though, they still are good enough to beat almost any team in B, with the exception of DC Marvel that could go either way, and then close games with Men of the Corn and Mythbusters 2.0. KGB 28-6

Pho Real vs Always Balls Deep –
This to me is one of the more intriguing match ups of the day. Both teams are almost complete opposites, both have decent QB play with Pho Real clearly being the favorite with Corey at QB. Then ABD has more athletes in the department of height and athleticism. ABD has a great pass rush as Goose is a top 5 pass rusher in the entire league. Corey had a lot of pressure his first game and it resulted in two interceptions, and it could be the same for this game because of Goose alone. Here is how I see it, Corey is going to get a lot of pressure and the Asians will HAVE to get open short and extend plays. ABD will HAVE to be on top of their flag pulling game to keep it close. The factor that I think will solve all of this will be how Adam (ABD’s QB) and ABD’s line play together to give him time. Because downfield, they have the speed and height to make big plays, but if he doesn’t get the time to make throws, it could spell trouble in the sense that Pho Real will capitalize on mistakes. They game will be decided on Adam’s play and his line. If he gets a little bit of non-hurried extended time in the pocket, expect big throws, big catches and big touchdowns. ABD 22-18

You're Killing Me Smalls vs Dc Marvel –
Simply put YKMS is a true B team and DC Marvel in my opinion should be in A, and they would still most likely be a top A team. But I digress and simply put that YKMS has a good pass rush, but Johnny is too good at avoiding the rush that he will either make big runs or big passes because of extending the play. Then he’s got a few great WRs and a great offensive line. Now match that up with a great defense now with probably the best INT B pass rush, and then tack on some great secondary play. It’s going to be tough for most teams to beat them. The thing though for this team is they just need to live/die by Ahmad. Ahmad just needs to take over and be QB on this team and worry about playing WR on his comp team (in my opinion). With him at QB and just simply relying mostly on dump passes with the occasional deep pass, they would be much better in B. Sadly I don’t think they can do much here to be able to win this game. DC Marvel 38-13

Disgruntled Swingers vs Leatherheads –
Disgruntled Swingers to be good at the end of this season needs their full team and they need to practice together. I think they were missing some guys from a hard night of drinking and hopefully this week they get them back. I don’t think they’ll win, but it’s going to be really important to their team to be able to practice, get very familiar with the rules and let their QB learn the system. From week 1 their QB #12 threw for 3 TDs but 4 INTs. They had the big play ability against Large Test Icicles that they most likely won’t get against much teams, but they also NEED to clean up the turn overs. They had #10 play last week vs us, he had a couple decent plays but was never able to string together enough plays to keep them rolling down the field. When they had Corey at QB they showed they have the ability to be a good team with Corey throwing for a touchdown and running in two more. But what they need to do is practice with what they have because they have proven they have some great players, especially at WR, now they just need to get their QB up to speed. Leatherheads though already has two established QBs, neither of which were their week 2, and their main QB wasn’t their week 1. And frankly I don’t know if he’s still on their team so I’ll treat it as though he isn’t and #2 is their QB. What they need to do in the future is simply pick on the short game 90% of the game and then take some very specialized deep shots randomly. #2 (I believe his name is TJ?) just doesn’t have the time/line/ability to extend plays all the time. What is necessary is picking on the short game, dump offs to linemen, to slow down the pass rush, then take deep shots here and there. The problem Leatherheads really have is the LIVE AND DIE by the QB play and their QB play can be hit or miss. If either #2 is here or their main QB from last season, then I would expect them to win. But if they can’t take home a win against Disgruntled Swingers, then they are in for a long season. I’ll pick them to win, but whoever loses is going to have a rough season, the other still has a chance to turn it around. Leatherheads 13-6

The Deflators vs Project Mayhem –
Both teams I believe are new, and with the exception of The Deflators playing Men of the Corn, they have both played established teams. Project Mayhem has play two Top B teams their first two weeks and have had a hard time scoring, only putting up 6 points thus far. The Deflators played a good Men of the Corn team and put up 14 points, then a current middle of the pack team in LI Stacked and almost won, but came up a few points short. Neither team has been able to make a win, and neither has established themselves as a threat yet. Project Mayhem clearly playing two of the top 3 teams in B, has barely put points on the board. The Deflators playing two middle of the pack teams and although scored, wasn’t able to put it away. But they have put the ball in the endzone plenty of times and I think knowing what the endzone smells like is what will help them here the most. Project Mayhem seemed to be a good team, they just need to learn some schemes (and honestly get an easier schedule) to figure out what it will take to get it in the endzone. But as I just found and confirmed they’ve had the toughest schedule thus far in INT B, and that says a lot. I think both teams will learn a lot this game as they both should be able to score plenty, and hopefully it will help them out in future games. Deflators 28-22
Pylon sharks vs Men of the Corn –
Men of the Corn have seriously impressed me thus far. Although they’ve had one of the easiest schedules so far, I think they’ll have a tougher game here as Pylon sharks are a team who take it very serious, and try are really competitive. But I don’t know what to expect from Pylon Sharks yet as they got beat up on by KGB then beat up on SuperHeroes In Training. I like the SuperHeroes team, they just need to get a lot of experience under their belt and probably add an athlete or two to really start being competitive with some of the mid-tier B teams. But I really love seeing these guys out there because they have a great attitude and they never put their head down trying hard from the first play to the end. But back to this game where Men of the Corn need to make a statement for me to stick on the band wagon. They have scored an average of 28 points, and will have to do at least that again to keep me believing in their team. Pylon Sharks although have scored 34 on average it’s a little skewed as Superheroes in training aren’t quite on the same skill level and game plan level as everyone else. I think Pylon Sharks can be good, but it really depends on the QB play of the teams they face, and right now, they are up against a pretty decent qb completely 61% of his passes and almost having a passer rating of 100. It’s a QB who can get both rush yards and rack up the pass yards. It’ll be a good game at the end of the day! Men Of The Corn 18-16
LI stacked vs Dc Marvel –
I feel bad for LI Stacked, I know exactly how it goes. They showed up early pumped to play and then get a last minute forfeit. But they are serious about playing and they have the heart to win, just in the past have had a rough time with hit or miss QB play. They would need to have a perfect QB game this week though to beat DC Marvel. A Passer rating of 65 in their first game is not going to be enough to beat a team already averaging 34 points a game and only allowing 9.5 points per game. It’s going to be a tougher game then the score on the end will show. But I think with the exception of QBs the two teams match up pretty well. LI Stacked will need great defensive play deep and on D Line ALONG with great flag pulling to keep it close and at least give them a shot to win…. But I just don’t think they’ll be able to keep up with Johnny, nor the other players that DC Marvel has. DC Marvel 33-12

Power Rankings –

Comp – Not much has changed

1. (-0) Fit Republic
2. (-0) Naked and Afraid
3. (+1) Honey Badger
4. (-1) Backyard Legends
5. (+1) Savages
6. (-1) Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers

INT A – Some slight changes

1. (+3) Dirty 7
2. (-0) Thunder Bunnies
3. (+2) Always Balls Deep
4. (-3) BMS Mountain Goats
5. (+1) Gate 25
6. (-3) Legion of Boom
7. (+1) Pho Real
8. (-1) Donkey Punch Mafia
9. (-0) Large Test Icicles
10. (-0) Leather Heads
11. (-0) Disgruntled Swingers

INT B –

1. (+1) DC Marvel
2. (-1) KGB
3. (-0) Men Of The Corn
4. (-0) Mythbusters 2.0
5. (-0) LI Stacked
6. (-0) You're Killing Me Smalls
7. (-0) Pylon sharks
8. (-0) The Deflators
9. (-0) Show me your TD’s
10. (-0) Green Machine
11. (-0) Project Mayhem
12. (-0) The Taken King
13. (-0) The Outfield
14. (-0) SuperHeroes In Training

Games To watch –
Dirty 7 vs Thunder Bunnies and Gate 25. D7 could pull themselves as a possible clear favorite with a couple decisive wins.

Pho Real vs Always Balls Deep. Pho Real suffered a tough loss week one but made a decisive win week 2. Whoever wins will find themselves secured in the top 5. The other will be right on the edge looking in. Pho Real though could find themselves in a tough spot if they lose to two top 5 teams in the span of 3 weeks.

BMS vs Legion Of Boom – Both teams should be top 3 teams. BMS quarterbackless lost but could show it was a fluke with a win here. Legion of Boom however with a decisive win could show their QB learned a lot from their last week loss.

Lots of top Tier A teams play each other. Not really any in Comp nor B this week. However every week in A there will be great games!

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 3 Predictions - 9-13-15 (REALLY EXTENDED)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:46 am 
Added in Top 5 QB ratings thus far (at least 30 attempts)

#1 - 5 TDs, 0 Ints, Rating 140 and 80% Comp. Gate 25 #10 (Jacob Bowder)
#2 - 7 TDs, 1 Ints, Rating 129 and 68% Comp. Fit Republic #5 (Corey Serrano)
#3 - 7 TDs, 1 Ints, Rating 127 and 68% Comp. Thunder Bunnies #14 (Michael Springer)
#4 - 6 TDs, 1 Ints, Rating 122 and 66% Comp. HoneyBadger #40 (Steven I believe)
#5 - 5 TDs, 2 Ints, Rating 120 and 73% Comp. Legion of Boom #11 (Preston)

1. I haven't had a chance to watch Jacob yet, but I know he's always been a consistant QB. I'm excited to see how he does against a good defensive team. D7 will be his toughest match up thus far.

2. Corey obviously is always going to be high on this list. And this season he doesn't really have much other competition of people throwing the pig skin, I'd expect him to be on the top 5 all season long.

3. Mike Springer has been the sole QB for us the last two seasons and has been playing lights out. Last season he threw his 3 picks, in two games and didn't have a single turn over the rest. He has already played a couple great defenses, but D7 is most likely better than both. Should be great!

4. I've always thought Steven deserved a shot at QB for an entire season and it looks like he's going to get his shot this season. He has posted some great numbers but he needs a real game plan made this season.

5. Preston has impressed me, but he's competitive and he's a hell of an athlete. He threw a couple huge picks that resulted in their loss against D7. I expect him to learn a lot from this last game, I'm interested to see how he progresses the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 am 
Good stuff this week man. Well done

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:23 am 
Is there a cliff notes version? Ain't nobody got time to read all that.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:32 am 
tpaulsen2 wrote:

Lolol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:01 am 
tpaulsen2 wrote:

Cliffs: Tyler gets throat punched

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:03 pm 
Joe is not the QB for BMS mountain goats.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:10 pm 
Who is?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:48 pm 
Zack.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:24 pm 
Ohh, well whatever the bearded guys name is!