Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 2 Predictions - 9-6-15 (WITH POWER RANKINGS!)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:13 am 
Backyard Legends vs Fit Republic
Fit Republic actually has two teams worth of players, and to an extent it helps, but I also think they were missing about three people this week. At some point it’s got to do more harm than good. BYL is probably not quite as good as Naked and Afraid, but they have the same chance of beating them if they keep to a solid D and get pressure on the QB. But I still think Fit Republic will take home the W. Fit 18-7.

Mythbusters 2.0 vs The Taken King
Mythbusters has a solid team this year with a few good pick-ups and a couple tough losses. They are going to be in my Top 5 to win B at this point in the season, but if Hugh ends up at the end of the season their Q, they’ll look very scary to win it all. The Taken King I didn’t get to truly watch so I don’t know how good they’ll end up being. The Taken King unfortunately had to play DC the first game but they still put up some good points and that’s a good sign. I believe they are a new team so things will look good for their future. Mythbusters 28-18.

Always Balls Deep vs BMS Mountain Goats
BMS looked awesome their first game, but they won’t have QB this week but Marquis is still a decent back up. I think that their QB is a huge part of their success because he fits well. Marquis is a little more run happy, and with a stout D like ABD has, that may end up being a problem. ABD 20-10.

Thunder Bunnies vs Disgruntled Swingers
Disgruntled Swingers being a new team to the league, you could tell had huge upside to their athleticism and speed. They have a bunch of guys who are familiar to football but VERY unfamiliar with flag football. Luckily they’ll have plenty of time throughout the season to get familiar with the rules and they’ll be pretty good in the playoffs. But my team looked sharp last week and I don’t expect to slow down at all. TB 28-14.

Gate 25 vs Leatherheads
This is probably going to be a game of the week as Gate 25 was probably a front runner to win B and will not have anywhere near as easy of a path in A. Leatherheads played pretty good against Legion of Boom, but I think after the dust settles they’ll be a middle of the pack team in A. But they are definitely a team that could beat anyone if they had a good week. This one I don’t really know who will win, but I’ll go with Leatherheads. Leather Heads 15-13.

Show me your TD's vs The Outfield
The Outfield found last week when they played BMS that there can be a huge difference between the top A teams and the B teams. BMS also looked stellar so I have to give them that. The Outfield may run into some QB issues down the road, but they still have athletes. Show me your TD’s, has a QB picked out and mobility may end up being a little bit of an issue, but he’s smart enough to roll out when needed and throws one of the tightest spirals in the league. I think he will be their success and downfall down the road but if he gets a full season under his belt he will be pretty good. SMYTDs 18-17.

Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers vs HoneyBadger
I didn’t see Steven on HoneyBadger’s roster, so I’m not sure who their QB will be, but they have the McConnell brothers and they always end up being pretty good in comp. FKC though have the ability to be a good comp team, but they may just be missing a few pieces, but they definitely were a better team than I thought they would be when I first heard about them. I had to flip a coin because I don’t know the Honey Badger QB. FKC 28-22.

Men of the Corn vs You're Killing Me Smalls
Men of the Corn may be one of the bigger surprises of the league. I didn’t quite expect them to be as successful week one as they were. They definitely have the intelligence level to be a good team, and they have enough athleticism as well to be a surprise down the road. The season should help them become even better, so I’m excited to see what happens from them. You’re Killing Me Smalls has some roster question marks that I’m not sure will go away, and from what I understand, Ahmad, may be gone every other week. I think there is a possibility they start to fall behind in B and not sure if they’ll be able to recover. Men of the Corn 30-10.

Savages vs HoneyBadger
I don’t know anything about Savages, I don’t even recognize their roster. And then I’ve already said I don’t know who HoneyBadger’s QB is going to be and so there is just too many questions marks. It landed on tails so. HoneyBadger 17-13.

Green Machine vs LI stacked
Week 1 wasn’t really a good marker for Green Machine playing Always Balls Deep who I’m not quite sure why they dropped down to B, and I’m not sure they know why they did either. None the less I didn’t really get to watch the game so I’m not sure how Green Machine will do in the future. LI Stacked is a team that has been around a few seasons and I think Green Machine will learn a lot playing teams with experience, but I just hope it doesn’t hurt the morale. LI Stacked 19-7.

Pho Real vs Large Test Icicles
Another great game this week because Pho Real needs to get some cohesion, but they SHOULD be the better team get closer to play offs. Large Test Icicles looked a little sloppy and still won but a few touchdowns this last weekend. I’m sure Pho Real will be better this week and against a team that is not quite up to the task athletically, they should be able to pull it out. Both teams are really smart, one just has more talent. Pho Real 28-22

Dc Marvel vs Project Mayhem
The easy way to put this is that I think DC Marvel is better than Mythbusters at least at this very moment in time. I didn’t get to watch Project Mayhem but they lost pretty big to Mythbusters so I expect them to lose big here. But that’s probably the toughest schedule for the first two weeks for a INT B team and they should have an easier rest of the season to bounce back from it. DC 38-14

Legion of Boom vs Dirty 7
LOB won with pure athletes this last week and a stout D. The issue they’ll run into down the line is facing teams who along with being athletic also have a high Flag Football IQ. Which brings us to D7 being one of the Top 3 smartest teams in the Lincoln league. They don’t are going to get beat a little on size, however LOBs best WR is now their QB, and they really only have one other WR who is tall enough to truly dominate the smaller safeties D7 has. They D7 QB has definitely got better this off season and this could put them over the top to getting back to the championship, but it’s not going to be easy. I don’t think LOB will be nearly as dominant without Kevin, but their current QB could end up being great in the end for all I know. D7 21-17.

The Deflators vs Men of the Corn
I didn’t get to see the Deflators, but I at least have to give them enough credit that they were the only smart team who got the Drifit jerseys. That will help them win some games down the road. But not this one. M of the C will be a good team, and they’ll run into some issues with a few of the top teams, but I think this should be a good learning game for both teams as I believe they are both new, minus a guy or two from M of the C. This will definitely be a great game to learn but I think one team is the clear favorite at this time. Men of the Corn 25-6.

Pylon sharks vs SuperHeroes In Training
Both teams are new minus a couple guys who play for Pylon Sharks. I think that will help them out, but SuperHeroes in Training have a lot of learning to do. But I hope they keep coming out, enjoy the exercise and keeping having fun. They’ll be one of those teams that takes a while to figure out what they have talent wise and how to make it work on the field. But I’m glad they are having fun. I didn’t get to see either team, but both played really tough opponents week one. Talent wise Pylon should win, just depends on how the QB play is. So for now this is really just a guess. Pylon Sharks 10-7.

Power Rankings -

Comp-
1. Fit Rebulic
2. Naked and Afraid
3. Backyard Legends
4. Honey Badger
5. Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers

INT A –
1. BMS Mountain Goats
2. Thunder Bunnies
3. Legion Of Boom
4. Dirty 7
5. Always Balls Deep

INT B –
1. KGB
2. DC Marvel
3. Men of the Corn
4. Mythbusters 2.0
5. LI Stacked

Last edited by Hladik-TB on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 2 Predictions - 9-6-15 (WITH POWER RANKINGS!)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 am 
I will say with the recent additions that INT A is a great division. I would honestly ONLY be surprised with Disgruntled Swingers winning it all, and that’s only because they are a ways behind learning how the league works. But the remaining teams all have a great amount of talent and have been around for a while. There will be upsets EVERY week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:30 pm 
Int A is gonna be fun this year

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:31 pm 
adamcnfr44 wrote:
Int A is gonna be fun this year

^ :lol:

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:59 pm 
I am excited to get a shot at FitRebublic his early in the season. We got embarrassed last year in the playoffs and I am happy to get a chance to redeem ourselves. Better roster, and better teamwork will make for a good game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:13 am 
I fluffed one game because it changed after my predictions were made, BUT I know I would have called it this way anyways.

So I was 13 correct and 2 incorrect.
Being incorrect about Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers beating Honey Badgers. And Gate 25 vs Leather heads, which leather heads were missing their captain/back up qb and their starting qb, so I'm not too upset on that one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:25 pm 
In the Leatherheads game, Gate 25 had only 3 players that had played more than 1 game. We were missing 3 key playmakers as well.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -VL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:43 pm 
I'm not taking away from the win. Just that it would have been hard to predict that correctly without knowing those facts.