Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Move Teams up to A
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:19 am 
Site Admin
We may lean on a few teams, let's see how next week goes. The goal is for good competitive games to be consistently had . . .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:47 pm 
2 things. First would be the naming of the divisions. I realise its purely asthetic but Comp makes sense. Intermediate makes sense then rec. We added Int B purely for when we had 4 leagues. We dont need that. Now i don't understand why people dont move up to A. There is no benefit not to if you think you can at least compete in 75% of games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:02 pm 
Well three of the four teams I think should move up, can't because of roster conflicts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:12 pm 
The year we were forced up to comp we had roster conflicts because of people on INT A teams. Isn't there a rule saying how many players from upper leagues are allowed on lower league teams?

I'm not at all opposed to going back to the old school one giant intermediate league. I liked when we had just one INT league. Seemed like a lot less bitching.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -VL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:45 pm 
People will complain regardless. I will preface this by saying I don't even play on a B team, but I have subbed for friends on some teams and just think the top B teams typically are a lot more competitive than the lower tier B teams, and that's where the issue is. B to me should be strictly recreational.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:12 pm 
Lol 4 of our players from last year all play for gate 25 .. The only guys we have from last year are me 2 linemen and one receiver lol. . seriously whole New team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:49 pm 
You're forgetting that those 4 players that now play for Gate were there for probably a combined 6 games last year and never played a full game together. Meaning you won all those games last year basically without our 4 Gate players.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -VL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:05 pm 
So you are complaining about 2 line man a qb and one reciever. Then you picked up 2 comp players who can play wr. So what you need a center to have a good team. Lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:07 pm 
We got three new players, we'd probably be better fitted in B.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:14 pm 
Matt and Dane played just about the whole year with us and we didn't have more than of the same guys every week... We had at least 3 or 4 subs a week .. We picked up keys and Dillon .. Everyone else is new lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next