Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2015 Spring League information
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:54 pm 
This will all be sent out in a more formal email but wanted to give you guys the information now.

First -
August 16th at 130pm we will have the Captains meeting at the down town Buffalo Wild Wings in the front party room. We will just be going over some changes, hit on some key points, and discuss prior concerns to help make this season better than all prior seasons.

Second -
August 23rd at an undecided venue we will have the refs meeting. Go over some possible changes, go over the rules and make sure everyone is on the same page, including stat sheets.
If you are interested in reffing, PLEASE email the league at NebFlagFootball@gmail.com or contact me at (402)802-3233. Include your name, previous teams that I would recognize you from, and your scheduled availability.

Third -
Season begins August 30th. Hope you're as excited as I am!

DJ

Post subject: Re: 2015 Spring League information
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:14 am 
I appreciate the interest we've had for reffing this season! We have a pretty solid group and to new this is one of the most important parts of the league.
Without good reffing I had always felt that I would be better off saving my money and doing pick up games.

My goal this season is to make sure reading is consistent across the board and that the refs are aware they are being paid for a job and their job is providing the trans/players a service.

With that said I want any concerns brilought to my attention as that's the only way things can change and get better.

Lastly there are still a couple openings. And if anyone wants to be a stand by that would possibly be able to fit in on days we may be short, please let me know.

My email is DennonHladik@gmail.com or text me at 402 802 3233.

Thanks!
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:44 am 
We've had a lot of people still wanting to ref and it makes me very happy to know that people are wanting to help make the lead even more successful.
In return I have some good news.

Michael Springer (QB for Thunder Bunnies) is going to help me out immensely this season and be sort of a right hand man. Mike and Dustin Ortiz (another player from my team) helped out last night sorting through every single belt and every single flag and we tossed out all the flag belts that were loose (didn't give that POP sound). We will end up needing some more flags because of it, but we want to get passed the times where people would be running down the field and their flag fell out.

We also are getting some new equipment that will help insure that we have the proper field lines. We want to make sure that the lines are as straight as possible, and that are almost 100% accurate as far as length and width goes.

Just wanted to share some of the great news you'll be able to look forward to seeing this season!

Thanks
DJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:11 pm 
Wouldn't this be the"fall" season..?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:40 am 
Haha I'm not quite sure why I decided to put spring.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:07 pm 
So from the sounds of it we'll have a need for three fields in Lincoln this season.
Currently here is the list of refs.

Mike Springer (Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers/Thunder Bunnies)
Derek McConnell
Minh Nguyen
Anh Nguyen (Crazy Asians)
Justin Wheling (Backyard Legends/BMS Mountain Goats)
Marquis (Backyard Legends/BMS Mountain Goats/DC Marvel)
Darin (Burn Notice)

Possibly Garrett McConnell, Reid McConnell and JT (Jordan).
We also have a possibility of a new player to the league reffing.

So we're going to be looking for another couple guys who could help out.
Please let us know either by emailing the league or texting me at 402.802.3233.
Remeber you'll be making $20 an hour per game!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:40 am 
If we need three fields in Lincoln this year, how many teams are in each league?

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -VL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:54 pm 
I don't have that statistic myself, Wyatt mentioned to me in passing on Sunday that we will have 35 teams in Lincoln this season.