Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Congrats to the season winners 6-28-15!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:05 am 
Competitive Overall Winner - Steel Curtain

Competitive Lincoln Winner - The Monster

Competitive Omaha Winner - Steel Curtain

Intermediate A Winner - Legion Of Boom

Intermediate B Winner - Crazy Asians

Steel Curtain had a great game plan with a great QB. He didn’t have to move much, probably only rushed a couple times. But he could throw the ball about as fast as he got it from the snap. The monster wasn’t able to get DLine pressure, nor were they playing close enough to stop the dump offs. Steel Curtain also had a DLine rush that was getting quick pressure on the QB and The Monster wasn’t doing enough double passes to make their line up work. Basically took two players out of the game for the double pass, but never used them.

Legion Of Boom had a rough day. Playing from behind all three games, never giving themselves a break. Two of the games they only took the lead with less than two minutes to go, and another with less than four minutes to go. Luckily they have some great hands on offensive to be able to come down with those deep passes that ultimately brought them back into the game. They also had a lot of take-aways in the second half of games to help them back to victory.

Crazy Asians. I unfortunately didn’t get to watch their finale with The Booker Givingstons, I was just done of standing in the sun since 830 am with no breaks. But I did get to watch them beat Donkey Punch Mafia and it I’m sure I know why they won. Liem really came on this season as a QB with great elusiveness and great vision along with throwing a great pass. Vs DPM (who only blitzed one) was getting almost NO pressure, where CA was only using one blocker about 5 yards off the ball and only really had to turn in either direction to block because Liam would work around him. They handled DPM even though I called back a 70 yard touchdown due to a player being offsides.

I may try to figure out some end of season awards, but little tied up at work for the next few hours so we'll see!