Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Farewell to the teams who are gone after Week 1 playoffs.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:45 pm 
Farewell to the teams who are gone after week 1!
Not Bye week. They have potential with Steven at QB. They just need to focus more on some short passes and then open up the down the field to players like Garrett.

Six Sigma 6. Fought Backyard Legends hard, but ultimately some team cohesion was their ultimate demise and couldn’t make their defense work at the end of the game. They really would be a great team if they can find a good QB. Now JT is a good QB, but he's a GREAT WR.

Crazy Asians 2.0. I’m a little surprised, yet thankful. Great team and Liam really stepped their game up. I’m not going to be surprised if they win B but they’ve definitely got to beat the best.

Reverse Touchdown. Well they didn’t show up, wish they would have because would have been a good confidence booster going into the game vs BMS. But none the less hope they keep coming back, but they really need a QB to get somewhere. They have the athletes, just not a QB.

Super Nachos. Had they put their current QB at the QB at the start then they would have had a better chance. But a first round vs Dirty 7 is never a good time. They have some talent and hopefully they come back!

Relentless Domination. The one team I really don’t know much about. I know they have super hulk, I know they were 4-2 before having two forfeits and then their last week loss. Playing Leatherheads 6v7 didn’t help send them home early.

You’re Killin’ Me Smalls. Ahmad will get it figured out for next season. They have a decent amount of talent to make a playoff push. He didn’t seem 100% on his game unless he was subbing for another team. Lack of real athletes/catchers didn’t help though.

Multiple Scoregasms. I’m surprised at their record, they are a better team than that. Their QB is good but I’m guessing no game plan is the problem. They have A level talent, C level game plan.

Backyard Legends B. They started off fast, died off, then steadied out. They are a good team but just have to get use to the league. They have the ability to be good though, can’t wait to see them again! Had they had enough to play their game vs Burn Notice would have been great.

Burn Notice 2.0. One of my favorite teams, they have the will to win, they just couldn’t put together and offensive performance. Kese (I believe is what they called him) is a good player, ideal player to play line, but at QB it just doesn’t work. I’m a little surprised they couldn’t get their QB situation figured out, but I’m sure this summer they will.

Show Me Your TD’s. Another team victim to bad QB-itis. They didn’t really have a game plan, and they were short in some areas of talent they really needed. They have a couple hustlers that could make a team good, they just need 2 or 3 more pieces.

Lincoln Industries. I expected more! And especially after seeing them this last week. A couple LUCKY plays went against them when they played Mythological, but I could easily have seen them make it farther after another season in their pocket. Their QB was surprisingly better than I expected, a better pass rush would have been the icing for them.

Mythological. Whether Mike wants to play QB or not, he should. At least with hardly any experience Mike is better. Hugh however if he plays some more QB and is healthy has tremendous upside. They could be a real threat next season. They also have a pretty good pass rusher, but he was giving up here and there if he got juked, but two games right after another will do that.

Chalupa Batman. I’m truly surprised they got knocked out, I expected more. Any time I saw them lose though it was due to poor attitudes, and if they get down early then they have issues coming back. They have some great QB play, they just need to tie in a better pass rush to make their defense better and a little better planning and they’d do pretty good!

Lastly Vicious and Delicious. A team I only watched once. I’m surprised they beat Chalupa Batman. They have some experience at QB, with another player or so they could make a B league push, but that B league is stacked with some great teams at the top.