Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 7 is over......here are My Week 8 Competitive Picks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:39 pm 
Sárkány Army vs. The Soggy Bottom Boys
The Army uses all the trash talking on the message boards Week 7 Matchups to get them hype….SA wins 27-6

The Shockers vs. The Hitmen
A great game here….The Hitmen will complain and get into the heads of the Shockers….a similar outcome to last weekends game……Hitmen take this close game, 21-16

Nebraska Longhorns vs. Backdoor Legends
The Longhorns have some frustration to take out…..it just happens that BDL will be the team they play. Hook ‘em wins 24-7

The Cop-Outs vs. 6 County
6 County puts it together and get a nice victory 21-14

No Punt Intended vs. Hormel
Odds are No Punt Intended won’t show again….and even if they do they still get rolled. Hormel takes this one 35-0

Haterade vs. Centaurs
Centaurs use a lot of energy in game number 1…..but cruise in the second half 28-12

Black Panthers vs. Puppy Stompers
I like the way the Puppy Stompers play, and this week I think they get some long balls going and sneak in a close vicroty 24-21

Capital Punishment vs. The Hitmen
The Hitmen are tired of listening to CP talk this and say that….it’s put up or shut up time. This game gets out of hand with both teams talking….and it also gets out of hand on the field…..Hitmen roll 24-6

Balls Deep vs. Centaurs
This game should be as advertised…..A defensive battle that should be separated by a field goal…..I’m giving BD the edge, 17-14.

Macguyver vs. Black Panthers
The Black Panthers are just strong enough to outsmart Macguyver this time…..21-14

Balls Deep vs. Capital Punishment
Balls Deep uses their athletes and some deep balls to pull out a victory….24-14

Post subject: Re: Week 7 is over......here are My Week 8 Competitive Picks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:34 pm 
Decent analysis, only you make it seem as if Hitmen complain a lot... maybe 2 out of the 9 or 10 players we have may complain on the trash talk site. Thanks for adding a new post cause week 7 posts were getting OLD. Hitmen finally get a double header, but after a huge husker game, kinda scary considering the amount of drinking that could potentially happen either way the game goes Saturday... We should be back to our full arsenal though so watch out!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:04 pm 
personly win or lose im excited to play the hitmen and ballsdeep, it'll be a great day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:10 pm 
[quote="GarbageMan"]Decent analysis, only you make it seem as if Hitmen complain a lot... maybe 2 out of the 9 or 10 players we have may complain on the trash talk site. quote]

I wasn't talking about the site....you guys complain alot during the game....seriously, well besides Tim. I've watched a few games and .......no joke....calls weren't called, or the refs asked Nick (no offense) what the correct call was. Refs are allowed to make mistakes, and yes I bitch as much as everyone else, but does the ref ask me or my teams captain what the "correct call is"? NO....make the call, and get on with it......And I'm talking about the ref last Saturday on the offensive pass interference call.....asking Nick....then himself, then Nick again.....

But thats besides the point.....Hitmen will rolls both teams they play....and the dude with the knee brace, talks the most trash on the field....I have yet to see him make a play.

Word!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 pm 
There's no way we lose to Nebraska Longhorns by that much. IF we do lose, it'll be close. However, I'm feeling more confident as weeks grow and my new found love (and knack) for getting sacks will prove to be the deciding factor in our win.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:45 pm 
Chalk up another win for BDL. Period.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:52 am 
infusion wrote:
GarbageMan wrote:
Decent analysis, only you make it seem as if Hitmen complain a lot... maybe 2 out of the 9 or 10 players we have may complain on the trash talk site. quote]

I wasn't talking about the site....you guys complain alot during the game....seriously, well besides Tim. I've watched a few games and .......no joke....calls weren't called, or the refs asked Nick (no offense) what the correct call was. Refs are allowed to make mistakes, and yes I bitch as much as everyone else, but does the ref ask me or my teams captain what the "correct call is"? NO....make the call, and get on with it......And I'm talking about the ref last Saturday on the offensive pass interference call.....asking Nick....then himself, then Nick again.....

But thats besides the point.....Hitmen will rolls both teams they play....and the dude with the knee brace, talks the most trash on the field....I have yet to see him make a play.

Word!

You make it sound like i influence the game. when i am asked a question, if it's yardage i will tell them the correct yardage, but as far as a ref making a call, other than asking them to watch something i don't "make" them make calls, i am no different than any other captain, i will ask the ref to keep an eye on something, i often say, don't ask me as wyatt, during my games.... it is funny the hypocrisy though, if a ref makes a bad call against my team, i'm expected to keep my mouth shut, but if they make a bad call for my team and against my opponent i am expected to stop the game and make sure the refs get it right. the double standard is amazing, people act like i have never been screwed by a bad call befor, EVERYONE HAS.... it's funny how crazy cheating has gotten in this league, it seems the have nots have learned how to get away with cheating to keep up with the good teams. illegal picking, pushing off, holding of wr's is out of control, some teams wr's push off really bad just to be able to get open. the refs can't see everything nor should we expect them too, on some level the players need to just not cheat. There are players in this league that are suprised every week when they get called for illegal contact or flag guarding, but EVERY WEEK THEY ARE GETTING CALLED. i think it's time to crack down on these teams and players.

I do think as far as the bitching goes, every team does it, and it needs to stop. i am going to talk to my guys this week bc quite frankly i am embarrassed at how some of them complain non stop... I've always said complaining will get you nowhere but politely asking a ref to watch something will get you every where. im all for trash talk and playing with emotion but bitching every play at the ref is stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:13 am 
Point taken…and like I said it was nothing personal. I did not say that YOU influence a refs decision, I simply made a comment that they seem to ask you on some of the harder calls…i.e. the offensive pass interference call last weekend. But it is tough for you and I understand that…..and like you clearly stated, I have heard you say “don’t ask me, ask Wyatt.” I have never seen you alter and/or have a ref change a call. All in all, this is a fun league for guys like myself who want to relive my college ball days…and no matter what, guys will talk smack because hell…..we all have ego’s and we all think that we know the rules better than everyone else.

And my predictions are pretty spot on.

GBR!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:36 am 
I feel the Balls Deep guy... I believe you keep playing and if you are really good you should win the game... I felt I was damn near knocked out on a pass last week although PI was called I did not say a word, I let the ref and everyone else deal with the call cause I caught the ball anyway..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:49 am 
What I will say is that Nick bitches about the calls outside of the game like everyother player but when he does this its just because he wants to improve the reffings not for his game. I feel like I might have made a bad call on the offensive interfernce after the game. But during the game I can tell you it looked like offensive player was holding him. (from my angle) I stand stong on that descion during the game. But after the game talking to muliple people about it, it sounds as if I was wrong. I even talked to Stan, I made the call and he said he wasnt holding him. But when a player has his hand against someones back and it looks as if he (Stan) is holding him from getting the interception. I will call it. Nick does not want anything but the players to enjoy playing football and having fun. I have reffed for a long time and seen some calls good and some calls go bad but mostly good. People need to stop talking shit about reffs and blame more on there upsetting play. Just my two cents for what it matters.

P.S. I am excited to play another good game against BYL. I wished more people would make there picks for the week but understand not everyone wants to stay out there all day. Its my game of the week.