Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 9 Predictions - 6-14-15 FINAL WEEK
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am 
BMS Mountain Goats vs Legion of Boom
Well here is the re-match that Legion of Boom will either make a statement or prove that the only mistake was me thinking they should have won. But I don’t see that happening if LOB has their full squad, then it shouldn’t end as close as it did last time. LOB 24-7

Mythological vs Show Me Your TDs
Not a whole lot to say here, Mythological has a slight chance at a title this season. SMYTDs is just missing a few KEY components at having a real shot at a playoff chance. Myth 12-0

Burn Notice 2.0 vs Lincoln Industries
This should be interesting as Burn Notice appears didn’t heed my advice. Maybe they’ll give it a shot this week seeing as it’s the last week before playoffs and realize the gift I’m giving them! I think they are a super long shot for a championship, it most likely won’t be this year, but they have the dedication and probably will see a little re-vamp before next season. I still think LI could turn into a FiServ type team where all the pieces fall into place for playoffs and may knock off a team or two that will surprise us. But I still will pick BN to figure something out this week to at least go into playoffs on the right foot. BN 2.0 20-10

The Monster vs Six Sigma 6
The Monster had some tough games in Omaha but ended up winning both, I don’t expect jet lag from their week off and long haul back to Lincoln though. The Lincoln talent that could compete are too spread out, the only way they can be taken down is all stars vs The Monster (Wyatt?!?!). SS6 is a good team, and my second best team in Comp, but there is a big gap from first to second. Monster 26-13

Relentless Domination vs Reverse Touchdown
A team I thought was gone, is back! RD is 4-4 because of two forfeit losses, but as said before they’ve also had a weak schedule. And this game just adds to that. RT has had a season to forget, scoring a whopping 20 points through 8 games. They just haven’t been able to put an offense together, and although their defense is good, because they have so many turn overs it’s just impossible not to give up 20+ points per game. I hope they come back next season and find a QB to help them at least become more competitive. RD 20-0

Not Bye Week vs Six Sigma 6
I wish I could be “The winner of this game will determine who ends up in second in the division giving them an easier pass to the finals.” But here is the deal, even is SS6 lost both games, they’ll end up either 2nd or 3rd unless they give up 60 plus points in two games, then Not Bye Week would have to still beat BYL. The battle is to not be last so you don’t have to play The Monster round 1. All this said, Not Bye Week is the one that should be concerned because I feel they’ll lose this game, then they’ll HAVE to beat BYL to not end up in 4th place. If they lost to BYL then BYL has a serious chance at finding themselves in the finals. SS6 12-10

Relentless Domination vs Manley Men
RD Was in my Top 5 then they decided not to show up last week and had two forfeits. But I also felt the schedule weak with two top 5 opponents on their schedule and then lost both. They could make a statement vs Manley Men, but I don’t think Manley Men will allow themselves to end on a three game losing streak. MM Just has too much size, talent and game plan to lose this one. MM 33-12

Thee Booker Givingtons vs Backyard Legends B
This although is TBGs game to lose, BYL B still has a great record. They would probably be upset at me for not putting them in the Top 5 when I put a team like Chalupa Batman there who has two more losses. PROVE ME WRONG! If BYL B beat TBG it would give validity to their season and prove that they are currently 4-2 for a reason. But I just want to point out they have given up the most points per game in INT B, three of the four games they won were by a COMBINED four whole points. Don’t get me wrong, they shouldn’t care about any of these and be happy with being 4-2 instead of how they won. I just don’t see them making a strong playoff push this season. TBG 28-6 I see TBG making a statement though.

Not Bye Week vs Backyard Legends
This should end up being the most important game of the day if SS6 beats NBW earlier in the day. It would then be up to these two teams to determine who is going to face The Monster game one of playoffs. The problem I have is NBW has already did the Lincoln two step all over BYL a few weeks ago and I don’t think BYL matches up very well as NBW has a very smart QB and lots of speed. I’m not saying it’ll be impossible, but Competitive would be better served with NBW playing Monster game 1. I route for that to occur! BYL 10-7

Vicious and Delicious vs Chalupa Batman
I saw Albers on this team, and I know he isn’t on their team, I think Jake also play on that team, which I don’t have a clue who he plays for anymore. I saw Tyler F play on their team and I know he plays for Show Me Your TDs. So in the end I really have not a darn clue who V&D actually is… Because those three people don’t play around this time, I’m guessing they won’t sub, and V&D is 2-6 while Chalupa Batman is much better than their 3-4 record shows. CB may get lucky with this and be on a hot streak going into playoffs because right now I think it’s a three horse race with teams like Chalupa Batman and Crazy Asians right on the cusp of making a playoff push. CB 35-20

Super Nachos vs Trip Balls
I’m excited like a little school girl for this game. Because I really enjoy both teams. Super Nachos took a while but they found their QB. And Trip Balls although has a player or two with a little bit of attitude issues, overall they’re a great group of guys. Super Nachos could have easily found themselves with a different record had they started their season with QB they’ve been using and got him more time to play QB. Trip Balls has had some tough games vs some tough teams. I think match up wise it’s going to be awesome, both teams are going to match up very well with each other talent wise, the QBs are quite a bit the same with Trip Balls QB getting the edge because of experience. I think what will happen is whoever has a lead when they ball first will win. It’s going to be a close game, but just experience wise I have to give TB the edge. TB 20-19

Crazy Asians vs Multiple Scoregasms
What is crazy is MS plays the good teams hard but usually lose to the bad teams. In this case they are playing a good team, but the problem is they don’t match up very well. Crazy Asians have great QB play (so does MS) but the difference is they just have a ton of raw speed. You won’t see many deep balls unless it’s to a very open WR, because MS just has too much size. But Liem (Sorry I’ve been spelling it wrong) is a very smart QB and I won’t be surprised if he carries them deep into the playoffs. CA 28-18

Crazy Asians 2.0 vs Leatherheads
Crazy Asians are looking like a scary team as we get closer to playoffs. On a three game winning streak, and now play Leatherheads. Leather Heads match up pretty well, but I just don’t know if they’ll be able to keep up with the speed. If they can game plan properly around that, they definitely have a chance, but Liem makes this team complete and they will be tough to compete with. Leatherheads are definitely a tough team and will be tough in playoffs. This game could go either way. CA 2.0 19-12

Donkey Punch Mafia vs You're Killin' Me Smalls
Here is a chance for Ahmad to prove that DPM beating them the first time was a fluke. After getting a chance to watch DPM some more though, their QB is just a perfect QB for this league. Throws a perfect ball, has a lot of lateral foot speed, and makes a lot of good decision. I think it’s safe to say he probably learned a lot from that TBG game earlier in the season. Their safety is also a great talent, being able to catch the deep ball on offense and be in the correct position on defense, but him vs Ahmad is not a great match up as Ahmad will accept the challenge and probably win this one. This game is going to come down to the DLine, whoever gets the most pressure and most sacks will win. I think it’s a good match up, and if Ahmad has a good game they could definitely win this, but my gut says DPM. DPM 22-16

Thunder Bunnies vs Leatherheads
This is a good match up game, with Johnny playing QB trying to get some more time with team before playoffs expect him to have a much better showing than he felt like he had his last game out vs Crazy Asians 2.0. I’ve seen him play with WRs he’s had experience with and he’s a mad man. I can’t wait to see him put it together this game. Also a fun matchup is going to be Tyler who plays for Thunder Bunnies but has also subbed for Leatherheads for pretty much every week this season. It’s going to be a tough game, and I can’t wait to be able to play against leatherheads instead of ref against them. And I say it like that because this last week they say I was friends with the other team that’s why calls weren’t going their way. HA! Anyways can’t wait to be able to beat them on the field instead of beat them up while reffing! TB WINSSSS

Always B Deep vs Dirty 7
A weekend full of great matchups, this one is no different. They match up really well on a lot of levels but ABD has better WR play. D7 though has the experience and the game plan. ABD though has been on a hot streak and expect them to make a statement for me always being tough on them. ABD 33-12

Post subject: Re: Week 9 Predictions - 6-14-15 FINAL WEEK
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 am 
This will be the last predictions of the season!
Hope everyone enjoyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:27 am 
Loved them. Thanks for doing these! Really have been enjoyable to read :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:53 am 
Of course! Got to bring some life back to this league.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:01 pm 
Thanks for these this year dj ... Honestly the talk trash board has been boring the last couple of season .. Gave everyone a reason to start visiting the website again

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:33 pm 
lol I appreciate the love.

I'm looking forward to this game. As long as we can field our team and my knee doesn't act up, I like our chances.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 pm 
I think this league would come back to life if we recruited some new blood. It doesn't feel like we've had many regular contributors come since the original first 2 seasons. In some ways, the quality of the league feels like it's went down some. I don't know if it's lack of recruitment or what, but have a 4 team competitive division that comprises of teams that share players seems goofy. I don't ever remember having so many repeat games either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:18 pm 
Predicting too many points again, DJ.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:31 pm 
What was that JT?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:54 am 
Can't argue with that. All I can say is Corey needs to not get snatched on by Wyatt in garbage time.