Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Top 5's after week 8
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:15 am 
Comp -
#1 - (6-0) The Monster - I mean, what else is there to say?
#2 - (4-3) Six Sigma 6 - This was not so close. A tough loss to Legion of Boom didn't help, but in the end they had one of the toughest schedules in the histroy of the NFFL.
#3 - (2-5) Not Bye Week - NBW pulled out a nail biter vs Always Balls Deep yesterday, but beat BYL in a heads up match up just the previous week which helped solidify this spot.
#4 - (3-5) Backyard Legends - They'll play everyone close (but The Monster), but it's interesting to the extent of how inconsistant they are. Beating SS6 earlier in the season, then losing the next. Losing to Dirty 7, then one game later beating Manley Men... What?

In the end, the Comp division was determined way before the season started. The Monster will end up winning this division.

INT A -
This division is not so clear cut.
#1 - (6-2) Legion of Boom - LOB played three of the four comp teams and beat all of them, the only team they didn't face was The Monster (probably because Kevin is on both). I think they are probably in the wrong division, but if they were in Comp they would be without Kevin which would then make them a mid tier INT A team. They'll be hard to beat with a full squad in playoffs.
#2 - (6-2) Always B Deep - Out of the top 5 this team had the weakest schedule. Out of the three top five teams they face, they were 1-2 in those games. But with a division that is up for grabs, anyone will be able to steal this divison.
#3 - (6-2) Manley Men - Two game losing streak to end the season, but still tied for the best record in the division kept them here. Lost to Super Nachos with not their whole squad, but then lost to BYL (who JUST lost to D7 the game before)
#4 - (4-4) Thunder Bunnies - With a schedule facing five of the current top 5 teams in Comp and INT A, playing tough every game. The second toughest schedule in INT A after Legion of Boom's schedule.
#5 - (4-4) Crazy Asians 2.0 - It appears Liam is now their QB and with a three game win streak to end the regular season, they were able to jump into the Top 5. Like ABD though they faced only three top five opponents and were 1-2 in those games.

INT B - Almost as interesting as INT A!
#1 - (9-1) DC Marvel - They have had a nine game winning streak, averaging 32 points per game. That's even more per game than The Monster. They've played all the top teams, and beaten them all. It's going to be tough to beat them in the end. (Except Donkey Punch Mafia)
#2 - (7-1) Donkey Punch Mafia - DPM's only loss was to Thee Booker Givingtons, and they got throttled that game. They have probably the best QB play out in this division. The QB throws a perfect ball and has very very few turn overs. DC Marvel and this team are the two that I think will end up in the Championship.
#3 - (6-2) Thee Booker Givingtons - Their game vs DC Marvel was one of the best I've seen in a while! Crazy scoring to end the game. Their only losses being to Crazy Asians and DC Marvel, losses they will have to learn from to win in the playoffs!
#4 - (4-2-1) Crazy Asians - After a scare that they were going to have none of their top three players, Liam came back and has been doing great. I will not be surprised if they make another playoff run. But it won't be as easy as it has been before.
#5 - (3-4) Chalupa Batman - I was itching to get these guys on the list. They may be 3-4 but they are good! 3 of their 4 losses are to top 5 teams, having the toughest schedule in INT B. If they can work on just a few things defensively they can make a real playoff push.

Last edited by hladik-BDL on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Top 5's after week 8
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:34 pm 
I'm looking forward to being a dark horse team in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:39 pm 
I feel like the 2nd place is up for grabs in Comp. All teams have beat each other lol.

In INT B, DC Marvel and Donkey Punch Mafia are the clear favorites. Then your team and Chalupa Batman are the teams to really watch out for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 pm 
DPM should have lost to us. DC Marvel would worry me...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:42 pm 
Ha, well I just checked the power rankings. Always Balls Deep had the weakest schedule and Thunder Bunnies had the toughest schedule in INT A.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:43 pm 
Thunder wrote:
DPM should have lost to us. DC Marvel would worry me...

Should have seen the DC Marvel vs Thee Booker Givingtons game... Mind boggling. DC Marvel was winning with less than 2 minutes to go, throw a deep interception. Then TBG threw a 70 yard touchdown the next play. THEN DC Marvel had a few plays then through a deep touchdown shortly after.

NUTS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:47 pm 
hahaha nice. So, are playoffs next week then?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:49 pm 
I "think" so.

But there are a lot of teams with under 8/9 games. Sooooooooo yeahhhhhh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:14 pm 
I think our team has only played 6 games.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:25 pm 
Appears to be technically 7 with the tie... but yeah that's not 'enough' in my opinion.