Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 8 Predictions - 6-7-15
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 am 
Reverse Touchdown vs Leatherheads
Leatherheads being 2-4 should definitely be a concern to them coming into playoffs. Whether their team is better than their record or not, the simple fact is you have to win the games in playoffs. However, sorry reverse touchdowns but this game doesn’t mean much, unless somehow they lost. RT has played 7 games and has a total of 20 points, less than 3 points per game. So unfortunately, lets not kid ourselves. This shouldn’t be very close. LH 20-6

Multiple Scoregasms vs You're Killin' Me Smalls
This should be interesting. I don’t understand multiple scoregasms, athletically they should be better. They won week one vs DC Marvel, somehow… Then only other win is vs show me your tds. They SHOULD not lose to any other team but the few at the top, but somehow they do. This will be a tell of whether they are actually going to do something in playoffs or not. YKMS is a mid-pack INT B team and they have the ability to play with anyone in INT B. From the track record MS has though, it’s hard to really pick them except for against a few of the bottom teams. YKMS 18-12.

Legion of Boom vs Thunder Bunnies
One team is on a 2 game winning streak, one team is on a hard two game losing streak. Both teams would be in my current top 5 and right now I’d say Legion of Boom is fighting for first, but currently in second due to a heads up loss to Always B Deep. With Johnny at QB the ball wasn’t falling our way with some tipped passes and some ugly turnovers (me to blame solely on one). This will really be a test of two of the upper echelon teams and one team is going to have their winning streak brought to an end. Thunder Bunnies as this current set up has only played together this season, but almost always has there been some form and Mike has usually been QB. I have no doubt Johnny will be able to help a playoff push without Mike, he just needs to get some games under his belt with the team!TB

BMS Mountain Goats vs Relentless Domination
Relentless Domination finally was able to play a top 5 team (other than The Monster) and appears to be a pretty one sided game. This will be a perfect rebound game for them. BMS who was on a four game winning streak against some lower level teams and a pretty ‘iffy’ win vs Legion Of Boom is now on a 2 game losing streak against two teams that are on the upper half of INT A. This is will be a good game for them too, to either show they are still for real, or show they were the product of a favorable schedule. I have to go with my gut that RD is going to win this, but BMS has a legit chance if they keep to their game plan that helps them win games instead of trying to pass deep and as of late have had a lot of turn overs. RD 22-16

Six Sigma 6 vs Relentless Domination
SS6 is a good team and with a win vs Not Bye Week they have proven they are the current #2 team in Comp. RD is going to have a tough weekend though because BMS can beat any team at any time with some correct game planning and a little luck. I don’t really think they match up well with SS6, so hopefully they can pull it out vs BMS or they could go home on a QUICK 3 game losing streak. SS6 28-10

BMS Mountain Goats vs Leatherheads
BMS can really make a kind of strong statement this week, they have the schedule to do so. Leatherheads is also a team with the talent to beat any team, they just need to put a full game together. BMS can easily end up either 6-2 after this weekend or 4-4. Leather heads however will at least come away 3-5 or if they win this game 4-4. It really isn’t up to Leatherheads whether they win or lose though because BMS can win, but it’s just up to them if they stick to their game plan or not. BMS is NOT a team that can play from behind. But it’s going to be a great game that is going to really be determined by the BMS defense if they can win this game. But I see a few things falling in BMS’s direction for them to be able to pull it off. BMS 20-18

Backyard Legends B vs Show Me Your TDs
SMYTDs had a really ugly loss this last week, losing to Multiple Scoregasms 52-0. The issue is really that their QB, although is a good athlete, is not a good QB. He’s had a lot of turn overs and really only makes yards from running. NOW ON THE FLIP SIDE, if they game planned better around this, they’d actually be okay. So now is time for the Hladik Football school lesson 101. They have a QB who can runs but cannot through, however he’s not such a bad pass that he can’t make a dump off. Most of his passes have been to his two linemen 41 & 24 (I only know this because I recognize them from looking at the stats). If they game plan around short dump offs to these linemen they’d be much better off than trying to throw a pass even 5-10 yards down the field. This would almost remove the pass rush, if they then had their linemen actually stay and block then randomly do a deep bomb (risk it to get the biscuit) then they may be able to come home with a couple gift touchdowns. All this being said, I doubt they’ll read this and follow it, but I know with their current game plan, they’re going to be hard pressed to beat teams unless the team has a terrible pass rush. And BYL-B pass rusher #23 is a hustler and he just simply wouldn’t let that happen. BYL-B 20-6

Mythological vs Thee Booker Givingtons
Not much to say here Mythological wins they games they should win according to their talent and lose the games they should as well. Now that TBG has been on their 4 game winning streak including beating Donkey Punch Mafia, if it wasn’t for how good DC Marvel is this season then I’d expect them to win it all. But it won’t be that simple. TBG has Wyatt, and he’s the guru and able to have great game plans with his personnel better than anyone. With Mike at QB, Myth could make a late pull, but I unless they come out of the gates ON FIRE with two or even three touchdowns on their first few drives, then they’re going to be hard pressed to win this one. TBG 27-17

Burn Notice 2.0 vs Vicious and Delicious
Burn Notice has been playing better as of late (even on their bad loss this last week to DC) and they have been game planning, better, but not best. Here is another 101 for you Burn Notice. From what I’ve seen #3 is the better all-around QB, HOWEVEREVER you have two options. Option one, continue with #3 at QB, not recommended. Or put #19 at QB, recommended, and here is why. I saw this last week that #3 is a pretty talented WR. And I’ve seen #19 and he can make the passes accurately within 15 yards if he just practices on keeping the passes low. But the real key to victory is going to be dropping the ball off to #18 (I believe his name is Marques (spelling?)), and Kendal (if he’s actually on this team). Having those two at linemen is a dream. The key will be running the offense through them, making the defense focus mostly on those two, but then being able to also throw a dump off to #3 will really open the field. Having their line run specific routes (both to one direction) will allow for them to shift the entire defense to be able to get a lot of 1 on 1 matches down the field. And with #3 deep or the taller guy with glasses will be a pass worth throwing as long as it’s in the general area……. With all that said even they don’t listen they will win this game. BN 2.0 20-0.

Dc Marvel vs Thee Booker Givingtons
There are a lot of good match ups this week. But this one probably takes the cake as these are the #1 and #2 teams in INT B with Donkey Punch Mafia being the only other team with a shot in my opinion, but Wyatt will argue Chalupa Batman also is a contender, which I’d probably agree is at least the 4th best team. I’ve really not seen either team play much this season, so I don’t know what to expect. The concern I have here is that DC Marvel plays more of a backyard game, which with talent they can beat anyone, but this is the one team I worry about. As I’ve raved already Wyatt always puts together a great game plan, and TBG is not 5-1 by mistake. However DC Marvel isn’t 8-1 by mistake either but they haven’t face TBG nor Donkey Punch Mafia yet. This is what’s going to determine this game, TBG defense. DC Marvel has only one game where they haven’t scored above 20 points, and if TBG can keep them under 20 I feel like they can win. HOWEVER DC Marvel has finally stopped allowing double digit points and has kept teams under 10 points the last 3 weeks in a row. Because it appears their defense is coming on strong, and their offense has averaged over 30 points per game through 9 games this season. This is going to be a good game, and it will go either way. DC 21-19

Not Bye Week vs Always B Deep
So here is the deal, Relentless Domination hasn’t yet proven themselves as a top 5 team with their best win being against a 3-3 Dirty 7 team. Always B Deep schedule hasn’t been all that tough either, except with a key win against Legion of Boom, which I don’t know how much of a true Legion of Boom team that was. ABD to ME would either need to win vs Manley Men, Legion of Boom (again), Thunder Bunnies (already lost once) or against The Monster (won’t happen), Six Sigma 6 (could be good) or this game against Not Bye Week to prove they are #1 for a reason. And they currently are my #1 team in INT A because of a Manley Men loss to Super Nachos this last week. The real problem is that NBW finally wised up and put Garrett at WR (where he belongs) and Steven at QB who every time he gets a shot proves he’s a great QB. But the ball he plays with is literally the worst ball I’ve ever seen, including ones that are deflated, and I actually do think that is going to be a factor with a WR core that has issues catching the ball (minus Garrett). This game will tell a lot, even if Always B Deep loses in a close one then to me that asserts them as the #1 seed they currently are. Not Bye Week though to really make any kind of attempt at a Playoff push needs to make a huge statement here that they won’t be punked by an INT A team. My honest problem is that I don’t think ABD matches up well here. NBW has easily the second (possibly first) best pass rush of any team, and ABD has decent QB play but they haven’t seen a pass rush like this, probably ever. It’s going to be interesting, but the game for me will be decided in ABD’s first drive down the field. NBW 28-10

Chalupa Batman vs Donkey Punch Mafia
This is going to be an interesting game between the #3 and #4 teams currently in INT B. I’ve seen Chalupa Batman play and I’ve seen Donkey Punch Mafia play a couple times now. They both have great QB play, however I think DPM’s QB just edges out talent wise because he can make some amazing throws and also can run. I think DPM will pull this one out, HOWEVER Chalupa Batman winning this one will put them up there right in the mix of 1-3 because they’ve lost to DC and TBG by a combined 3 points. I don’t know if I see them being able to pull one out here, but it definitely wouldn’t surprise me. DPM 28-26

Super Nachos vs Dirty 7
Super Nachos has listened to the great flag football Guru Hladik, and has been rewarded with a victory vs Manley Men. I’m glad to see they kept their QB the same (it appeared from the other sideline) even though I know K wanted to play QB, look like he made some key plays over there. I think their QB is starting to realize he’s actually a good fit at QB with enough moves to extend the play, then enough arm strength and Accuracy to get the ball to their WRs. This week they’ll play a tough D7 team who is suited to beat Super Nachos, however, SN is actually learning and they could easily win as well. SN though is going to be facing a tough pass rush, it’ll be key to do some snaps on two early and some dump off passes early to slow down the pass rush and then also key for the QB to extend the play with his feet. SN is definitely going to make a late season push because they’ve been able to find some good game plans to beat teams, this will be a tell of how far they may get. SN 20-8

Crazy Asians vs Lincoln Industries
Seems Liam is back (much to my surprise) from the insider information I had it almost sounded like he was done for the season. BUT with him at QB they are going to be a scary team, he’s a great QB who is able to extend the play, make great passes/reads. You can tell he wants to win and takes it seriously. LI reminds me a lot of when FiServ first joined the league, but not with nearly the success. I won’t be surprised if they make some crazy huge upsets in the playoffs, but I don’t see an upset here. CA 35-6

Backyard Legends vs Dirty 7
This is a scary matchup for both teams, because, I don’t mean it as offensively as it’ll appear, but BYL is not a comp team. The days of having crazy talent like Jon, Chandler, JD, and even the days of Backdoor Legends (Yes BDL form my username) are gone. They have found some talent, the bearded wonder who wears a do rag and I believe I recognize another player from Highschool, Hugh, but they are just too limited in the other areas. Now that we are passed that, D7 however has lost to some top teams, No Fly Zone before they disbanded, Manley men, and Relentless Domination. They’ve still beat the teams they should be beating (without actually getting to play trip balls which would have been a great game). I think D7s time is on the down slope and the key to victory for them is going to be adding a few more talent players or switching up their current lineup. BYL 18-0

Crazy Asians 2.0 vs Trip Balls
If Liam stays QB for CA 2.0, they will be a good middle of the run pack, however I think he was only there because Schwin (spelling?) was gone. Or maybe Schwin was just a sub too, I HAVE NO IDEA ANYMORE. But Trip Balls is on a 2-0 winning streak against a couple of good teams (Leather Heads and BMS) and they will look to extend that this week. I really enjoy watching the Trip Balls team when they are actually out there to play, they have a huge WR #2 who is a ball hawk on both sides of the field, then #7 who if used correctly is a great O Linemen (however may be out this week) then they have a great leader/qb who can make a lot of plays, and then a key role player #14 I believe who switching to offensive linemen this last week is the SOLE reason they won vs BMS. Had he not done that, they would have lost. If #14 continues to do so alongside #7 and they do a lot of dump offs to them, then extend the field to #2. I realllllllly don’t know who will win this one, but I’m actually putting the game on #14 again, if he decides to play line again, they will win, but I think he feels more at home as a WR, if they cannot slow down the Crazy Asian pass rush it will make too many throws that can’t be pinpoint and CA has too much speed to have errant throws, because they will get them. CA 10-7

Backyard Legends vs Manley Men
Well I already went on my rampage about BYL (sorry Ahmad  ). But now it’s the Manley Men’s turn, they lost to Super Nachos, now SN is actually coming out as a good team, but they shouldn’t have won that game. And I’m treating this as it was MM VS SN, Team vs Team, “You field your team, we will field ours, no excuses before the game starts.”
However I know Manley Men enough, they won’t say they used it as an excuse (they kind of did, but not really so that’s fine), and in all reality, it’s a regular season game where it really doesn’t matter anyways because they should still end up as a #1 seed. They’ve already beat one Comp team, and I don’t see it changing this week. ALTHOUGH BYL probably has the best match up Safety / WR size out of most teams they’ve played. MM 24-14

Post subject: Re: Week 8 Predictions - 6-7-15
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:34 pm 
I change my mind, Relentless Domination losses both games 21-1!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:47 am 
After a great family vacation and an incredible hike to the top of the Crazy Horse Monument yesterday, we are ready to go crazy this week. See what I did there ;) this ones for Standing Bear and the Soiux!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm 
BYL isn't really my team anymore. Justin has the reigns, and with my recent injury issues and not having played for them in a while, I wouldn't be totally surprised if he doesn't even ask me back ha.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:46 pm 
benmanley81 wrote:
After a great family vacation and an incredible hike to the top of the Crazy Horse Monument yesterday, we are ready to go crazy this week. See what I did there ;) this ones for Standing Bear and the Soiux!

Well. The Sioux would be disappointed.