Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stats
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:56 pm 
After thoroughly reviewing the stats from week one, it is clear that we all tied for most awesome player. Great work everyone!

Dirty 7 #12

Post subject: Re: Stats
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:34 pm 
I do the stats they weren't turned into to me until Thursday of last week. All are now in... because stats are such a big deal.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:52 am 
Stats aren't a big deal, but when that is one of the major 'draw ins' to this league, they need to be done. I highly doubt that any of the teams really care at this point considering they haven't been done well in the last 5 years. But when you're paying a high fee just to play in this league and the league isn't living up to its end of the deal, that's where it becomes a big deal. I haven't played in the league in about 3/4 seasons but it still makes me frustrated that the league still hasn't fixed these issues.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:59 pm 
If you haven't played in a couple years why are you posting anything at all? Why would you even be looking at the boards? If no one cares than a post should have never been made.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:28 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
We pay $20 for someone to do stats. If the league does not consider them important or care how accurate they are then get rid of them and lower the price. Remember when we use to give away prizes to people for offensive and defensive mvps? Price continues to go up and the things the league does well or offers continues to go down. Makes sense.

Positive this season is reffing has become better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:33 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
I mean how do you score 27 points and only have three touchdowns accounted for in the stats in week two. In week three there are 4 reception tds and only two touchdowns noted for the QB. That should be the easy stat to take and that isn't even right. I understand that this isnt your problem susnjar as you just input the numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 am 
I could not agree with you more on all the points you made. I input what is exactly on the sheet, if i don't then it could look like im skewing the stats which i will not do. Most of the time it is fairly obvious like the point you made about the reception tds to qbs, but i don't want it to come back and someone saying im screwing them on this or that. What you are saying happens ALLLLLL the time. I think it is the refs not taking the time to just go over what they put down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:10 pm 
Not your fault as you are just entering the stats as they were given to you. I like the idea of stats, but they haven't been done correctly in about 4 years, or they're done for not even half the games so there is really no point of keeping them. I'm all for doing away with them if they aren't going to be done consistently or correctly recorded and the fee being lowered, but if we are going to be paying for stats they should be recorded correctly.

Just a suggestion - why don't whoever records the stats review the stats with each team after the game? It would only take literally a minute with each team to review and could alleviate a lot of the problems. Obviously tackles aren't worth double checking but it would be easy to double check who got TDs, interceptions, sacks, etc.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2