Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spring (Maybe still winter) 2018
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:32 am 
Alright alright, I've seen the messages and I'll just do a full dis-closer real quick.
Spring last season I didn't run the league because my wife and I separated and there is more important things than football. Albeit didn't matter because the divorce is going to be final in a couple weeks.

Fall of last season I had lost my job about a month and a half before the season started, so my main focus was not to make this league better, it was to be able to find a new job and be able to provide for my children and myself.

Now to this season.
As far as my personal life, I still have a lot of things going on, my employer and I separated at the end of March, and I didn't get to do as much as I would have liked. I got flyers designed, and printed, but I didn't get to meet up with people to hand them out. I just took them to some places I know around town but I feel like it wasn't enough time as I think I only know of one team that signed up because of them.
This season I will have the flyers re-designed for Falls season and I will be handing them out to some of you and taking them to more spots before the end of THIS season.

We also purchased two dozen of each color flag.
I have went through the flags and I used some of the new ones from last season and introduced a dozen of each color. I will then add the remaining later on in the season as wear and tear occurs.
I will be 100% focused on running the league this season as I don't have a team of my own.
Refs this season are all individuals who have been with the league 4+ season, and I will be addressing any and all issues throughout the season, and if there is issues I don't know about, please come to me.

Long story short.
New flags.
There will be much more advertisement between now and next season.
Reffing will be much more consistent.
If you want to sponsor or know of a place that wants to sponsor, have them contact me DJ @ 4028023233

Post subject: Re: Spring (Maybe still winter) 2018
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:30 pm 
DJ, I hope that all of us voicing our opinions didn't come off as a shot at you for any reason. In my experience when you ran the league the last seasons I played, I had no problems with anything while I was out there. I do have confidence that the way you're doing things is in the right direction. So I apologize if what I and others said came off as shots at you. I completely understand all of the personal live decisions and such going on. I'm sure that the others who posted on that thread weren't coming at you for anything personally either.

What we had a problem with, and I'm sure the other guys would agree, was what you were handed when you took over the Lincoln side of things. I know that Wyatt isn't superman by any means and can't be in two places at once. I just felt like some things needed to be addressed after a few years of a down hill slide.

Just wanted to clear that up as I didn't want to make it seem like we were blaming you for any of the issues we've had.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:31 pm 
Oh no I don't feel attacked, and even if you guys were it wouldn't bother me lol.
I want the league to be successful, and I'm hoping we can build on that this season and next!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:45 pm 
Hey DJ you need refs for tomorrow? Shoot me a text 402-210-1864