Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Weather Situation on 5/17
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:54 pm 
Site Admin
Everything is far more complicated then you think, everything is far far more expensive then you think. Most of people speculating on things have no idea what they are talking about in either regard. I feel bad about canceling games, but we can not destroy these fields.

But let me address everyone's main complaints:

1. Cancel games earlier, or later.

If we cancel games early, I hear from the group that if the conditions improve are upset we cancelled and didn't wait. If we wait and see, it's inconvenient because some teams plan to play and don't know of the cancellation as soon.

Today we had similar situations in Lincoln and Omaha. The difference was that it rained fairly hard in Omaha from 10:30-12, effectively ruining our chances of getting games in today. We tried to wait as long as we could today, because we wanted to give ourselves the largest chance of being able to play today.

Post subject: Re: Weather Situation on 5/17
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:02 pm 
Site Admin
2. You should issue refunds every day we cancel.

That just isn't feasible or doable, and you won't find a single league in America, that operates like that. The season is half over and although this has been the wettest season in the history of the NFFL, there still is a lot of season left though and we will try to figure out ways to make up the games if at all possible. I know everyone is itching to play, and I'm glad we have guys passionate about playing in this league, but R. E. L. A. X. let's see what we can do, and how the season turns out first. There is a considerable about of coordination and work that has to go into every week that we play. It isn't just a Willy Nilly snap decision I can responsibly make/announce.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2