Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your thoughts on using two flags per belt instead of three?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:29 pm 
As most of you know, our flag/belt situation is getting worse each season. Some of this is due to growth of the league, as well as overall condition of the belts and flags. I have been shopping online for my own personal belt/flags, and I keep finding the "Flag-a-tag" brand belts/flags that are identical, if not the same belts/flags that the league provides. I've noticed that everything that I have found only comes withs two flags and a belt. As you know, our league requires three flags (two hip, one rear). What if we started using just hip flags? I think this would make the games more competitive and challenging. I would guess that by only using two flags, we all would benefit from more available equipment thats provided by the league. What are your thoughts? I think this could be a good thing for the league....

LIGHTS OUT #6
BYE WEEK#6

Post subject: Re: Your thoughts on using two flags per belt instead of three?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:21 am 
Site Admin
I don't see us making this switch for the upcoming season.

We will be buying more equipment for the upcoming season, so that we can accommodate our league growth and have plenty of extra flags. The combination of the wet and cold does damage on them, but it shouldn't be an issue this season.

For those of you buying your own flags. Don't buy them in Gold or Green, they also come in like 4/5 other colors, as those are league colors and we don't allow that. But also to the problem, they sell a conversion set, that gives you the pieces to make 3 flag belts, if you want to search for that. We've debated added, buying your own flag belts as a league option we provide (only if you want your own), would that be something people would be interested in? We could probably negotiate cheaper prices than you can find online. . .

Post subject: Re: Your thoughts on using two flags per belt instead of three?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:46 pm 
I think it would be a good option to be able to add. I know there were a couple of teams that provided their own flags (Trigger Happy and Palooza's), but it still seemed like we had a lot of times where teams were running around looking for flags. I've been looking into the possibility of buying flags for my team to use.

Several years ago, I played in a college league where each team was charged an equipment deposit along with their league dues. I can't recall how much we were charged, but we were given the deposit back after the end of the season, provided all of the flags were returned in good order. Considering the way I've seen some of the players in this league treat the equipment, a deposit on flags that each team gets at the beginning of the session might not be a bad idea.