Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rained Out Games
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:19 am 
Im not trying to come off rude or nothing, but I think I am speaking for almost every team out here. Your website shows 10 games. Your advertising that. The schedule is showing 8 weeks which means there has to be a few weeks playing multiple games to get there. This has been a problem in the past where some teams get more games then others. Its not that difficult to make these schedules. You are collecting fees and saying no refunds but advertising improperly. If these games aren't made up then we are getting 6 games. Where is this good business practice? I get the weather and I know you cant control it. We all get that 100 percent. That's over with, but moving forward there has to be an effort to show that you want to make it right. It doesn't take long to make a schedule. If you need help, I will help you create a schedule for "free". Tell me when teams can and cant play.

A few pointers. This week you have two games at 5:00. Clearly you can get a third game in there. That's one game for you. Extend the time out to atleast 6:00. That's 3 more games per week for 6 more weeks. 18 games. See where Im going with this? Its possible it just takes the league heads to come together and sacrifice staying out on a Sunday a little longer to do what is right for your "customers"/"teams". Once again Im not being rude and this isn't meant as a rant, but whats fair is fair. If there is no refunds then there has to be an effort from the league to do what is right.

Post subject: Re: Rained Out Games
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:21 am 
Site Admin
I'm interested in what you wrote. Let me help explain, though we went over most of this at the Captains Meeting. But I'll rehash, because I know a lot of people (especially if you're not a captain or didn't care to come), missed it.

A. The season is 9 weeks long, playoffs are two weeks long. Every team makes the playoffs. 9+1(minimum) = 10 games scheduled not 8, and that's where I think the error occurred.
Here's a link to the schedule, you can count the Sundays if you don't believe us (http://www.nebflagfootball.com/#14)

B. We've missed two weeks due to weather yes, and like you said we can't control that. I think there is some things we can do to help this out, but ultimately this could happen again, and it's unfortunate, but we do play outdoors and that's the risk. So we're down to 8, though we're working on getting more . . .

C. I covered this at the captains meeting, but again, the reason different teams play different amount of games is because we prefer for teams to play rather then to not play. That originates from the idea that if a team misses a game or on the chance of a forfeit, we try to find a team to play them, and we make the game count. I think people don't really understand this concept, likely because most other sports leagues don't bother with this and simply blow you off and sends you home. But only we do we like for you to play, we prefer for all games to count. So when that happens we make that make-up game an official game and if a team plays in that, they may end up with an extra game. In addition to that we also have a ridiculously flexible schedule we allow teams to have, so if teams have to miss a weekend for some reason, or something comes up, we allow it, and may or may not be able to make-up a game your team elected to miss.

D. We don't need any double headers to hit the 10 games scheduled mark, the reason you'll see teams with double headers is usually because of scheduling issues. Essentially because there was an odd number of teams available to play at their needed times, and thus we needed to adjust to accommodate that team. We just want people to be prepared for that, as it happens often, there is a chance a team may go through the whole season play 11 games through the playoffs and never have a double header if their schedule allows it.

E. Your "pointer", doesn't solve any problems. We already play 6 pm games now when needed and some teams can't play that late. We already are scheduling teams 10 games a season, so that really doesn't help for anything other then make up games, and it isn't enough slots to cover make-up games, which will only add to the issue that you felt about having uneven numbers of games (although that happens naturally anyways).

F. The season is already likely going to be extended a week to make up for the rain game, but we haven't been able to solidify all the details out, though are hoping to by the end of the week. But that isn't because of fairness or service, if it wasn't possible to extend them, that's just Nebraska weather being crazy and nothing we can do about that. What it is about, is that everyone involved with the league loves flag football and wants to play. We're just as annoyed as you when we have to miss playing and the league was started for the sole purpose of having an awesome outlet to play football all year.

So yes, you were ranting, and yes it did sound rude. But, at the same time we don't mind constructive criticism or suggestions, hell, half of the great ideas we've had to improve the league have come from player suggestions. But when you aren't even taking the time to think it through, are being condescending, and don't understand half the issues that go into the league or what the guys who run the league are all about and are complaining about issues that don't even exist and doing it in a rude way, then yeah, that's not appreciated.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]