Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Omaha Games Canceled 5/11
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:24 am 
Site Admin
Games are canceled today for Omaha.

I know a lot of you guys have asked questions about how/if the league future schedule and playoff schedule will be impacted. We will make that decision by 5/20.

Wyatt

Post subject: Re: Omaha Games Canceled 5/11
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 am 
now that the sun is out after these storms pushed through, is there any chance of games today? just seems silly to not play at least the majority of games.....

BYE WEEK #6

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:38 am 
It would be smart to. There is nothing in the radar for hours. It is clear down through kansas. If they had someone keeping an eye on the radar, they could easily get through 3 or 4 hours worth of games on each field. That would make their lives a lot easier in trying to make up games. I sent them an email. I myself and many other teams see today as them taking an easy way out. Only the first set of games needed to be cancelled, it was easier to just pack up and go home and not wait i guess. If they even showed up period.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:44 am 
smook22, do you guys want to play a pick up game today at 2:00? I'm ready to play today and I have a few of my guys that want to play too.

BYE WEEK #6

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:10 pm 
S2kmike. A lot of our guys are from cb so I doubt anyone will want to drive for a pickup game. C ya on the field! Have a good one!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:43 pm 
Site Admin
Yeah, fire the weather forecasters. They were saying lightning all day with a few gaps, so we canceled it. Once the day is canceled guys go on and make other plans so there's no way to turn it back on. In the future we're going to only cancel games in chunks, so that we can get in as many games as possible. The downside of that, which is why we changed the way we do it, is that if we do have to cancel later, guys will be showing up to the fields and end up not playing (in the past guys have said they rather us just make a decision, but I think we'll do a mix going forward).

P.S. Every other out door sport league was canceled as well. . .