Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Intermediate B Standings
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:22 am 
Anyone care to explain how a team with four wins is ranked below teams with two and three wins?

Post subject: Re: Intermediate B Standings
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:06 pm 
I think its because you guys have already played 10 games. So you have a higher number in your "lost" catagory and you have more PA's per game than the other teams. That would be my guess.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:11 pm 
Even at that, the reason we've played more games than anyone in B is due to the league keeping A teams on our schedule for two weeks after we switched from A to B. We've won three games in B, so we should be ranked ahead of teams with fewer wins than us in the division. It just seems the criteria for standings and playoff seedings aren't accurate and change from year to year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:06 pm 
It's alright I emailed twice yesterday and wanted to know why we have to play the same team again that killed us the first time I don't really want to play till playoffs, when their are teams that we haven't played yet or other teams that we have played that have similar records to possibly help with play-off seeding. We will see but my team might not show up if we are playing the same team that killed us earlier because we already know that we are getting beat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:52 am 
How weak is that last reply...never mind it's intermediate... No competiveness, team that smashes my team I wanna play..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 pm 
Site Admin
It's possible. The playoffs are seeded by losses not wins, because some teams end up with forfeits and different amount of games and need to miss games for different reasons (some legit, some otherwise). We'll put up a seeding post though of how it works if anyone is interested, they went over it at the captains meeting, but I know not all players go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:49 am 
So, if it's seeded by losses, why would you rank a seven loss team with five wins below seven loss teams with only two or three wins. That makes no sense, considering our team beat quite a few of those two and three win teams ahead of us. It's almost like we're getting penalized for playing more games because we were told to play more games to accommodate the Int A schedule that was already made when we switched, and not getting any credit for the wins we accumulated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:09 pm 
Site Admin
Yeah, I see the point and we've definitely considered switching the way playoffs are seeded before. This is something we can discus in the off season, if people felt strongly that we should go by, win percentage, for example, I think we'd be willing to change it next time, for sure. We'll get a "suggestions" post going after the season is over, and usually we get a debate going on about rule changes or tournament set up that people would like. Make a mention of this when that comes up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]