Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New field locations
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 pm 
Just wanted to get an update from everyone and see if we have any ideas for new field locations....I gave Wyatt a few ideas the other day, he said he would check them out. Anyone else have any spots that might work?

BYE WEEK #6

Post subject: Re: New field locations
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:01 pm 
sooo....I'm going to assume that everyone wants to play on the same shitty fields as last season? come on guys, lets put a little effort into this so we can make plans for a new location before the fall season starts.

BYE WEEK #6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 am 
It might be out of people's way but Bellevue has those huge Hayworth park fields down by the river

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:52 pm 
Hayworth Park in Bellevue isn't a lot farther than I drive to get to Hitchcock Park now, and I live off of 192nd and Q.
Has anyone checked about the soccer fields at Zorinsky? I've never really seen those being used a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:01 am 
I asked Wyatt about Zorinsky park but didnt get a response back about it. I tried to contact the Omaha parks and rec. supervisor last friday but he was out for the day, I should be getting a call back today.

BYE WEEK #6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 pm 
Site Admin
I don't know about the fields in Bellevue. But they don't let you play on those soccer fields at Zorinsky, they are managed by a soccer association.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 pm 
i spoke to Grant with Omaha Parks and rec. today and he said that they have a few ideas for us as far as fields go. They have to check a few more things before they give me any locations but I should be getting another call tomorrow.

BYE WEEK #6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:16 pm 
just an update: After speaking with Grant from Omaha Parks and Rec, he gave me a few locations to check out and let him know what we want to do. After doing some research and speaking with Wyatt, we decided that only one of the locations will work. Im going to go check out Pipal Park (just off of 78 and Hascall) today and see how the layout looks. I have a few other locations that I'm going to check out but those will take a little more work to reserve for us. Anyways, things are looking good for us and hopefully we will have a new field location set up for the 2013 Fall season!

BYE WEEK #6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 pm 
Also worth checking out 65th and Harrison at the La Vista sports complex, they have flag football fields and plenty of unused soccer fields, pretty close to Hitchcock and would fit 3 fields

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:41 am 
I've looked into the La Vista sports complex, it looks very nice. The problem with LVSC is that its pretty expensive compared to what the league is paying now for field rental. I'm not saying that the league can't look into it a little more, but I would imagine that our League fees would jump up a couple of bucks and that might upset some of the local team players. I drove by Pipal park yesterday, unfortunately the terrain is just to aggressive for what we need. There is room for two fields, but thats all. I'm going to make some phone calls today and see if I set up something with a few more locations that we have in mind. Keep the suggestions coming!

BYE WEEK #6