Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Field Conduct Reminder
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:12 pm 
Site Admin
I heard there was an injury last week on the fields in Lincoln in which two players collided and someone hurt their jaw. Terry (Lincoln Field Manager) saw it and told me he thought it could have been an accident, but either way, we have to remember that this isn't a contact league and we need to tone down on going over board on any excessive force or contact being used no matter if its accidental or not. The league is set up to be a fun, but competitive league, for working guys and family guys, and no one wants/needs to get injured out there.

I know I'm not at the Lincoln fields this season each and every day, and I haven't seen this in Omaha at all, but you guys should know that any concerns of this nature should be brought to Terry or Derek, the field managers, and they do a great job of relaying everything like that back to me and making sure everything is being conducted properly, I have full faith in them on these issues. Now this week is the first time I've heard of an issue like this this season, and I'll be talking to Terry about if this is just a one time occurrence and what/who has been involved.

But I repeat, that it is important for everyone to know that we need to be talking to our team mates, refs, field manager about what is to be expected out there, and that this isn't a contact league. It doesn't sound like this issue was anything more then that, but at that same time it is important for everyone to take this time to make sure that we are all playing in the right way, and letting our teams know that this isn't a contact league and that excessive hitting or anything like that is against the rules, a violation of guy code and wont be tolerated.

I've heard a few people say that I told them it was ok to hit other people in certain situations, and nothing could be farther from the truth, that's a lie and not what the NFFL stands for even in the least bit. We are a non-contact league set-up that way to promote the safety of our players. Obviously safety needs to be the refs, players, and captains top concern, as one bad apple can truly ruin it for everyone. I'll talk to Terry about this issue tonight and make sure that we have a plan moving forward. If you have concerns or thoughts on this, feel free to grab Terry on Sunday and talk to him about it, he's a really open guy, and will work through any issue you're having. Or shoot us an email at nebflagfootball@gmail.com and we will definitely be willing to discuss this with you.

Again, I don't think this effects most teams or players and we almost never have a major issue like this, but anytime something happens I think it's worth giving everyone a heads up on what is to be expected, and make sure they are helping to make sure this type of thing happens as little as possible.

Thanks guys,
Wyatt

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]