Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: WEEK 1 SCORES???? PART 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 am 
i agree with hot wheels. how can you charge $440 in fees and not have irate customers when the league cant keep basic weekly maintenance? derek leaving is lame exccuse for a professional running a business. even wednesday for stats is late. considering you've ppl here in omaha VOLUNTEERING to help for FREE!!!wow the league's lack of effort for omaha is astounding at times. thanks for your time.

p.s.

a full season's schedule posted in a timely manner wouldnt be half bad either.

Post subject: Re: WEEK 1 SCORES???? PART 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:26 am 
Wednesday for stats is what we've always done, it's what everyone is told at the captains meeting, it's on the sheets, I don't know what to say more than that (Though I do agree Derek going out of town is a poor excuse to not get it done, it's the situation, so all we can do is apologize for that and try to do better in the future). I'd say we do stats better then any other league I've ever seen, but that wouldn't be true, because every other league I've ever seen, has said it is too big of a hassle to even attempt and so has choose to not even try to do stats, which isn't our style. (Ask around, there have been about 10-12 flag football leagues that have been in business in Nebraska since our league started, though I think all of them have gone bankrupt or folded, I think you may be able to find a few of their websites that haven't been taken down yet . . . no stats.)

It's how the system works, we've never had a single person truly volunteer to do stats for FREE, that comment already explains how little is understood of the complexity of entering in stats for 70-90 teams on a weekly basis. That's naive and silly. But this week I did have a few people in Omaha contact me as a result of that last post about working as a stat enterer in Omaha so that we can get Omaha on the same speed as Lincoln, which would be by Tuesday night instead of Wednesday night (seems like a minor change, but I think it's a big improvement and sounds like you guys would like it as well, so we're doing it, Look for the improvement by Week 3.)

As for the season schedule, I could have had the entire season up on the Monday after the Captains Meeting. We have a system that does it automatically, so that isn't a hassle. The reason we don't is because it is really really hard to change the schedule once built and there is three major factors that we want to give teams the ability to get set up, to improve the quality of the league. 1. Is that it is tough, if not impossible, for a new team to know which division they'd most likely want to play in, before they play a single game. Soooo, we allow teams to play a few games and then switch if they feel like they'd be more comfortable at a different level, that's better for them (it's a long season), and better for everyone else in those divisions, again, I can see that being something you're not used to, because most leagues truly just could care less, but we do care. 2. There is always a few teams trying to get set up in the league with new teams or free agents, and I like to try to get them in if I can, the season roll out helps us with that, and the league is all about playing flag football, and I guess I'm a sucker for trying to get more people involved in the sport I love. 3. Teams, no matter how many times I mention they need to talk to their teams before the season about scheduling needs (and we mention it ALOT), a large group of them will not. And that is the reason why even up through this morning I'm still taking requests for team looking to have weeks they can't play, or time needs and I want teams to have that flexibility, because we think it's really important to the league quality. Now again, I'm sure these are things you're completely unfamiliar with, because every league you've probably played in your entire life, didn't give a shit about any of that, but that's not who we are, that's not what we believe in.

But if you really had any concerns or wanted to "volunteer for free" to do anything that would help the league, lol, you could always email us at nebflagfootball@gmail.com or give me a call directly at 402-202-2854, I'd love the opportunity to explain to you why things are the way they are, and I'm always interested in ideas or creative solutions that will help improve the league, interactions like that are where the majority of our league improvements over the years have came from, and the key to our continued success in the future.

P.S. Sorry for the novel.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]