Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: curiosity??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:04 pm 
So, I've been curious about this recently.... How do guys keep the dragon point system updated and current when most teams stats are either not recorded or posted? Seems like it would be a tad bit unfair to most players that are not getting these recent points when it all comes to an end. :o im jus out to get them W's so i could care less, but i do like seing my teams progress. If there is any that is. lol

Post subject: Re: curiosity??
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:38 am 
I don't think many teams care about individual stats and most refs, no offense, have a hard time keeping track so the Dragon award is pretty much bogus.

I would rather have the refs looking for penalties instead of looking at a stat sheet so I wouldn't mind if this perk is taken away all together.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:04 pm 
Site Admin
A lot of teams contact us and update us on information for their stats pretty consistently, so it's something a lot of guys like. Refs don't take stats during the play, so they aren't taking away from their ability to watch the game. The back judge takes stats in between plays, and does his best to reconcile them when he has a chance. Watching the game is the primary concern, obviously, which is why we have team captains and players check in with the refs and double check the stats after the game in case anything was wrong, or some of their players were wearing the wrong jersey numbers or something. I think the stats are complete for every past week before this one, except for 9/23, when the sheets weren't printed out for the games for the day up in Omaha.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:27 am 
my team hasnt had stats posted since week 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:08 am 
Site Admin
Jive Turkeys
9/23 was the day we missed on stats.
9/30 you had a forfeited game, so obviously no stats.
10/7(last weekend)

So you guys are missing stats from 9/23, which we apologize for, there was some problems in the execution of the system up in Omaha, but those problems are fixed moving forward.