Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Season Predictions
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:51 pm 
anyone know who won between running riff raff and mcsmashem last week? i want to know what to expect

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 am 
Wow! Why do you have to try and ruin a great game with a comment like that. Maybe you guys lost because with 3 minutes left and a chance to win with the ball on the 10 yard line your qb wilted under the pass rush and threw a pick. Then with four chances to tie it up in OT you couldn't get the job done...just sayin.

Championship rematch would be great, but its a long season and anything can happen. Hell, last week you guys thought you were gonna run the table

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am 
Ahhh, the truth comes out.

"YOU MAY BE A TALIBAN IF..."

1. You refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to
liquor.

2. You own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000 rocket launcher, but you
can't afford shoes.

3. You have more wives than teeth.

4. You wipe your butt with your bare hand, but consider bacon
"unclean."

5. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.

6. You can't think of anyone you haven't declared Jihad against.

7. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives in
your clothing.

8. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than
setting off roadside bombs.

9. You have nothing against women and think every man should own at
least four.

10. You've always had a crush on your neighbor's goat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:36 pm 
I'm not saying calls were missed or that they have an easy job. There were just alot of calls against us in our last game and it felt like we got hosed. If we meet them again later in the season I just hope the same thing doesn't happen. I have the utmost respect for the refs btw. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:43 pm 
pmt22 wrote:
Wow! Why do you have to try and ruin a great game with a comment like that. Maybe you guys lost because with 3 minutes left and a chance to win with the ball on the 10 yard line your qb wilted under the pass rush and threw a pick. Then with four chances to tie it up in OT you couldn't get the job done...just sayin.

Championship rematch would be great, but its a long season and anything can happen. Hell, last week you guys thought you were gonna run the table

If I am not mistaken, every time it seemed we had a solid drive going we got screwed with a bs call. Also, each call that did go our way was offset by more bs calls. If it wasn't for that, we may have had a few more points on the board. The penalty that set you guys up for the tying score was so rediculous and everyone knew it. The ref was right by the play and saw your receiver jump into our defender. Trust me, the refs helped you out if they knew it or not.

Here's to hoping our teams can meet up in the title game. It will be one hell of a showdown.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:03 pm 
bqw1982 wrote:
pmt22 wrote:

If I am not mistaken, every time it seemed we had a solid drive going we got screwed with a bs call. Also, each call that did go our way was offset by more bs calls. If it wasn't for that, we may have had a few more points on the board. The penalty that set you guys up for the tying score was so rediculous and everyone knew it. The ref was right by the play and saw your receiver jump into our defender. Trust me, the refs helped you out if they knew it or not.

Here's to hoping our teams can meet up in the title game. It will be one hell of a showdown.

I was the receiver and I didn't jump into the defender. I (not very convincingly) tried juking him, he caught hold of my belt and pulled me down. Happens all the time, I've done it before too, but its still a penalty. As you said the ref was right there and he made the right call...
Woulda coulda shoulda scored more points...Stop blaming the refs for your penalties and calling them bs. clean it up and they won't calls so many.

That being said you guys had a good defense and I know our whole team would like another shot at you guys later in the year