It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intermediate Fact or Fiction? Week 4 Edition
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:22 pm 
Fact or Fiction? Week 4 Edition.

Last week: 4-5
Season: 10-7

Last week,I missed on these games:
Seasoned Fodder upset Pog Mo Thoin 13-12, Balls Deep beat Half Dogs 13-7, Thunder Cats beat Lucky If We Show 27-0, Average Joe’s beat Three N Out 22-20 on a mis-snapped safety, and Lientenant Dan’s Sea Legs dominated The Wings 40-6.

I was close on all except the Thunder Cats, which was my upset game, and Lientenant Dan’s, which I totally did not see coming. My excuse is that there wasn't enough data for that one.

THIS WEEK:

Póg Mo Thóin (0-4, 51-66) vs Westside Connection (1-3, 70-90)
In a battle of the bottom teams of Intermediate North, Póg Mo Thóin drops another close game, becoming the first team to fall to 0-5.

Wolf Pack (3-0, 116-13) vs The Wings (3-1, 99-87)
The two highest-scoring offenses clash, but the Wolf Pack also possess the lowest-points-allowed defense, allowing them to run up the score on The Wings without much retribution.

Seasoned Fodder (1-2, 26-87) vs Sofa King Good (3-0, 59-46)
Although Seasoned Fodder upset Póg Mo Thóin last week 13-12, Sofa King Good seems to be the master of the close games and improves to 4-0, allowing less than 15 points in the process.

Brickbusters (0-3, 18-126) vs Half Dogs (0-4, 40-58)
In the battle of the winless, the Half Dogs pull out their first win by putting down a defense-lacking Brickbusters team.

Average Joe's (2-1, 65-65) vs Balls Deep (1-2, 37-40)
Average Joe’s, coming off of a close upset against a stout Three N Out team, pull out a close one against Balls Deep, improving to 3-1 on the season.

Thunder Cats (3-0, 71-31) vs Rexious Nutrition (4-0, 94-54) ***GAME OF THE WEEK***
In this week’s only undefeated battle, Rexious Nutrition, formerly Win or Lose we Booze, pull one out in a high-scoring battle.

Lientenant Dan's Sea Legs (1-1, 40-16) vs Lucky if we Show (0-3, 28-77)
Lientenant Dan’s Sea Legs have been a hard one to predict. They were held scoreless in one game, but blew out a stout The Wings team last week. Fortunately, Lucky if we Show is winless yet this season, and this pick becomes easy. Lientenant Dan’s Sea Legs wins, but allows a fluke INT for a TD.

Lientenant Dan's Sea Legs (1-1, 40-16) vs Three N Out (3-1, 76-34)
Three N Out, down to 6 men last week, dropped 22-20 to Average Joe’s when the backup center mis-snapped and caused a safety, leading to the go-ahead TD on Average Joe’s part. Back to full strength this week, battle ensues, and Lientenant Dan loses his Sea Legs, falling to 1-2.

P.S. I can't pick against my own team.

P.P.S. I wouldn't even if I could.

Post subject: Re: Intermediate Fact or Fiction? Week 4 Edition
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 pm 
LDSL was not present for the first game so they were forced to forfiet. Hence the 10 to 0 loss. They are obviously good as the blowout of The Wings showed. I hope they are gassed or banged up after their battle with Lucky if We Show, but I doubt it.