Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Fields
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:06 pm 
Site Admin
The Omaha fields will be played at Hitchcock Park in Omaha. It will be on the open fields and will be just Northeast of 45th and P.
note: (We were just informed of a field location available on 192nd and Q, but unless this field is especially ideal we will be playing at Hitchcock park)

You can check it out on Google Maps below:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1CHGA ... CBYQnwIwAA

Post subject: Re: The Fields
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 am 
" Hitchcock has been known for many vandalism, drug trafficking, and assault crimes. "Hitchcock Kids" refers to a group of adolescents that run around and terrorize the park with litter, drugs, and alcohol. They have made the park almost scarce to the other community making it seem to be located in the "ghetto"." Wikipedia

Although wikipedia has been known for incorrect information, this quote kinda caught my attention. Obviously us players would be able to handle any issues that may arise but not worrying about it all together would be more ideal. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 am 
We seriously dont have any better option than hitchcock? I thought we had Zorinsky reserved?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:13 pm 
bqw1982 wrote:
" Hitchcock has been known for many vandalism, drug trafficking, and assault crimes. "Hitchcock Kids" refers to a group of adolescents that run around and terrorize the park with litter, drugs, and alcohol. They have made the park almost scarce to the other community making it seem to be located in the "ghetto"." Wikipedia

Although wikipedia has been known for incorrect information, this quote kinda caught my attention. Obviously us players would be able to handle any issues that may arise but not worrying about it all together would be more ideal. Just a thought.

Unless you have a time machine you pull out on third down and longs you shouldn't have to worry about it. Hitchcock had a bad reputation back in like 1995, but they completely renovated it 10 years ago and struck down on the foolishness near the park. Now it has an Ice Arena, Swimming Pools and they redid the Baseball fields that we are going to be playing near. From my understanding its one of the nicer areas now.

Last edited by Scarlet One on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:21 pm 
Moose wrote:
We seriously dont have any better option than hitchcock? I thought we had Zorinsky reserved?

Yeah Zorinsky was availbable, but the field space is just way too small. With the league having almost 30 teams now we need a large space with room for multiple fields. These fields are nicer quality then Zorinsky's and are located in a convenient place to travel in South Omaha. Should work out well for all the teams. We searched South West Omaha for over a year for a field space large enough, but couldn't find anything. Levi Carter seemed a little bit too far away in East Omaha, so we went with the fields that were closest that were of the highest quality.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:07 pm 
Since I haven't been down there in a while I will take your word for it. I'm sure the field itself is great and we will be there during the day so I don't see any problems with playing there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:24 am 
I did a little looking around at hitchcock and had a couple comments. First was where exactly are we going to be having the games at there? Inbetween the softball diamonds? Are we planning on playing on the infield portion of the fields? Just kinda want to prepare myself and our team for where we are playing and under what conditions we will be playing on. Thanks for the info in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:11 pm 
Yeah there is a huge space in between there and kind of off to the side where the forth diamond theoretically would be placed. The fields should fit completely on the grass sections.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:46 pm 
Yeah sounds like it should be a winner then. Hopefully the fields are nice and flat and dry come April.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 pm 
Hitchcock is close :D