Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So it begins......Week 1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:00 pm 
Well have to say it will be good to be back on the field. I will try and give the primetime matchups (or what i think they are) and predictions. First possible contenders for each division.

Comp

Steel Curtain - The Defending Champs! Just so organized and tons of athletes. They are getting a little older, so slowing down a little, but i think still the odds on favorite for another championship
GNS Vapor- The team that cant get over the Steel Curtain hump. This team is right there and it would not surprise me if this is their year. One of the most unathletic looking team out there, but is just hard to beat with that defense.
Shake and Bake - This team had an impressive showing down at the Cornhusker state games with a 3rd place finish over a very game Lincoln Squad. This team defeinetly has the tools to shock the top two teams.

PRIMETIME MATCHUP

The Dragons vs GNS Vapor:

The Commissioners team is said to have acquired so new pieces to his team. They always play teams tough and I think this week is no exception. GNS will be missing some key guys, so it should make for a good game.
30-21 GNS

INT A

Wolfpac - They are the defending champs winning the title 2 times in the past 3 years. This is by far the most unathletic looking team out there, but do they just win. They have a tremendous offense that just racks up the points (not just because i play QB). They went undefeated last year and look to do the same this year.
Tall Midgets - Without injuries and guys no showing this team should have been in the finals last year. This is an organized team with role players and thats how they win. Each guy knows their job and does it. Tough team.
Hoosier Daddys - One of the more athletic teams in the INT A field. Just never seem to get over the Wolfpac hump. Play teams close, but always lose one or two games that are shockers. I expect this team to be in contention all year.

PRIMETIME MATCHUPS

Tall Midgets vs Dream Team:
Tall Midgets will come out aggressive as always. Will have some good QB play with shifty hips. Dream Team is always a .500 team that has the players to be so much more. The first week is often filled with surprises...but not this one.
Tall Midgets 24-13

INT B

Scalpers - They had a bad tournament if i remember correctly. I think they had 1 lose and then ended up losing in the Quarters ( if im wrong please tell me). This team will come back hungry and will be in the race.
DJS Dugout - Always stellar play from Julian at QB. Has some of the best hips around. This team always has a shot. Think if they played more team ball they would be a real force.
Trigger Happy Bunnies - This team bounces around from A to B. I think B is more their speed. Have a great WR and a solid line. This team will shock some people down in B

PRIMETIME MATCHUP

Scalpers vs Laced Up
Scalpers take an early lead and never give it up. Craft will have his team rolling on both sides of the ball.
Scalpers 27-10

INT C

No clue. Have Fun

Post subject: Re: So it begins......Week 1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:54 pm 
Missing some key guys and a -9 point spread... that's a lot of points - GNS

Post subject: Re: So it begins......Week 1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:06 am 
Yeah had us a bad post season (had 7 guys show up for playoff and one got injured 5 minutes into game played a guy down whole game and lost 18-10), we had 3 losses as well. Hope to fix that this season!